School

Per usual, my classes crawl by. Hours feel like years.
Finally it's lunch.

I stand in line with my tray, waiting. Then Steve, the popular boy/bully, shoves into me. Me being the nerdy loser, I just take it and wait for him to pass.

Then I hear something I don't want to. It's Steve talking to his mates "I'm gonna ask Maya to HC." He boasts. My heart drops, because who would ever choose a nerd over the popular kid?

I grab my food and tramp over to the little table in the corner. The one covered in people's discarded gum and profane doodles. I like the table because it gives me a perfect view of Maya, laughing and smiling with her friends.

But today, Steve isn't in a good mood. He stamps over to my table and slaps it with his palm, making the whole thing shake. "Sup Loser" his insults are so generic, but they still get to me.

I don't look up, it's best not to provoke him. He thumps the table again. "Look at me!"
I continue to watch Maya chat. I know it's creepy, but it's better than looking into that baboons face.

He sneers "What're you looking at?" And follows my eyes. Then he smirks "Maya? You're looking at Maya?"

Then my worst nightmare comes true. He grabs my wrist, his hand so big it wraps all the way around, then he yanks me out of my chair.

"HEY EVERYONE!!" He hollers. Everyone in the canteen stares at us, their eyes burning into my skull as I look up in shame. "THIS LOSER HERE HAS A CRUSH ON MAYA STEVENS!"

The whole canteen erupts in laughter. I steal a look at Maya. The look that flashes over her face tells me everything. I snatch my wrist free and run out of the canteen.

The laughter follows me like a ghost, haunting me.

I shove open the bathroom door and walk into a cubicle. I sink to the floor, catching my breath.

Maya's face flashes into my head. Her disgusted eyes.

I snatch the glasses off my face and throw them to the tiled floor, stomping on them. The glass cracks and the legs bend.

I storm out of the bathroom, out of school. I want to go home.

A/N

I felt really sorry for Charlie while writing this chapter, after all who wants to give their character a bully??

I'd love to hear your opinions on the chapter!!

-EC