3

The very next day June was to meet Clara Donovan at the address she had sent her via the text and when she stood in front of the building.

'oh boy this was not a meet up place, it is a freaking large company.' she had thought amused.

the building was so tall, around eight stories high. June walked in slowly feeling sensitive as people gazed at her. she had tried her best to look presentable to meet Clara. Clara was wealthy obviously so June didn't want to embarrass herself by looking like a little garbage.

she wore a black skirt hugging her curves which stopped just above her knees with a pink peplum top tucked in and a simple pair of black stilettoes. her hair was let down in a long neat ponytail making her face features seem exposed.

June walked to the lobby attendant and asked if she could see Clara Donovan. the lady at the desk looked kind and had smiled at her the entire time, and after a minute she told her to that Clara would be on the seventh floor.

June thank the lady and headed for the elevator unfortunately they were all up except one which was open.

The moment she got in she was mey with gorgeous brown eyes and cute little chubby cheeks.

"Hi" she greeted with a small smile.

She liked kids ever since she was young she had always wanted to have a sibling but it just never happened.

"Do you work here?" The little woman asked beaming at June's face.

"No. Just here to see someone." June replied looking at the child who seemed to be at least around three years old.

"Oh I just thought. Would you like some candy?" She asks and June can only smile at the kind soul she had encountered.

"Yes please." June replied handing out her hand to the little one only to be rewarded with three colorful wrapped candy.

"Thank you. You're kind." June smiled to the child.

"And you're beautiful." The child beamed again with a wide smile.

"I'm blushing. It was nice meeting you now I gotta go." June said bending a little to meet the child's height and placing both her arms on both her shoulder as the elevator dings open.

She kisses the child lightly on her cheeks and steps out waving a goodbye and says thanks again for the candy before disappearing around the corner after the elevator shuts close and goes up.

the girl at the front desk looked tired as hell and seemed to be on the verge of losing her sanity; one more second and she'd be dead. didn't she know make ups existed? June thought.

she knew because she used them every now and then when she got bags under her eyes due to sleep deprivation hustling in the day. the girl led her to an office. the floor looked like only top heads of departments worked here. it was quiet with a single font desk and the rest were offices which were only five in total.

the girl knocked and announced that June was here to see Clara before holding the door wide open for her, June entered and the door closed behind her and heels echoes throughout the hall as the girl marched back to her desk.

"June. it's lovely to see you." Clara said cheerfully hugging her.

"you look good." June said complimenting Clara's choice of style.

she wore a velvet business suit and a white shirt with white heels, hair let down and her big ring on the display of course.

'she must be proud of her husband.' June thought with a smile on her face.

"drink?" Clara asked and June only shook her head in denial. she never, ever drinks.

"I'm good." she adds

"i didn't think you're supposed to drink in working hours?" June asked rather than state the obvious as Clara poured herself a drink.

"says who? i work better when i drink." she replied dismissing the matter with her hand.

"so straight to the business." she says sitting down and taking a sip before placing the glass at a glass table surrounded by sofas.

"do you have a plan?" June asks Cleary wanting to be notified and informed of the entire plan so that nothing goes wrong.

"of course there's a plan." she replies her voice relaxed

"how dangerous is this thing actually?" June asks her heart already considering turning on her heels and leaving this place and forgetting ever meeting Clara Donovan in her life ver.

"much more dangerous than the death itself." Clara replies taking another sip.

June's heart skips a beat and she considers once more standing up and leaving but she sits still. something in her tells her here might be some light in the darkness, and to catch it she has to move forward.

"what's my role?" she asks adrenaline already rushing in her veins, guilt for not telling her mother chewing on her heart like a cheap gum.

"well, i influence the people that get hired in the company or our boss's households and no spot can be any better than working inside their home. that's why next week you're going to go there as a nanny. the most oblivious yet obvious position. no one will care, because trust me, rich people are way too narcs to notice what's going on." Clara says finishing all of her drink and looks at her watch.

"a nanny?" June asks again while Clara says nothing. she just prays and hopes that the kids won't be naughty like the smiths' twin.

"what about my mother?" she asks and Clara just then leans forward.

"you find anything you tell and show me. your mother gets taken care of." she says clearly emphasizing every word.

"why should i trust you?" June asks trying to read the woman's face to see if she finds any hint.

"you already did. or you wouldn't have come here." she replies taking the glass away.

"why would you trust me?" June asks curiously

"first, you're curious and eager and i can satisfy all of that by letting you destroy the man who destroyed your family, second you have too much to lose." Clara says checking herself in the mirror and applying her lipstick.

"who am i dealing with again?" June asks remembering she hadn't been given a name.

"Miles White." Clara replied and June's heart dropped.

whoever didn't know whose name that was, was probably unalike. no way she had gotten herself in this much trouble with the Whites. they were a lineage of endless billionaires and anything they blessed bloomed but what they cursed, withered.

But then when she remembered why she was doing all of this, she didn't care if she shoot down the president as long as she learns what happened amidst lies and truth for her deceased father's sake and her mother's treatment she was even more willing to tear apart the world for them.

************
Summer getting spicy?

Summer ❤.