Prince and the Pastry

The cafe was buzzing with life as always, it was one of the more popular locations around. But Blues specialty was the pastries, one of the few non-enchanted foods places around and it was very popular. Of course he still sold enchanted foods, they were still one of his most popular items but people loved the regular stuff as well. And everything was normal, no strange costumers and nothing out of the ordinary.

Until he went to go take out the trash. The day had been one of his slower ones, so he only had a few leftover pastries to get rid of. Now he didn't really throw them out, that would be wasteful, instead he gave them to the homeless who lived in the area. And in such he had been dubbed "Mr.Pastry" or "Pastry Man". And Blue had accepted these titles gratefully, and tonight was no different, he was going to give them out and head back inside.

But what he wasn't expecting was the prince digging through his trash.

The air was still for a few seconds before the silence was broken by the prince trying to run away only for Blue to grab him. "Let me go!" He screamed. Blue quickly shoved a pastry in his mouth and took him inside. "Be quiet you don't want the guards to hear you do you?" He asked. The prince was quiet. Blue had gently put the prince on a chair in the middle of the cafe away from the windows.

The silence was deafening only to be interrupted by the sounds of water being poured and footsteps. As Blue sat down and slid the cups of tea to the prince he asked: "So what happened, why are you here, and why were you digging through my dumpster?" The prince looked down in shame as he sipped his tea only to stop mid sip and look at him with pure wonder. "How did you know how I like my tea? And what blend I like?"

Blue stifled a laugh. "I was one of your guards, although It seems you don't remember me, I don't blame you though, you never did see my face." A smile came onto his face, a gentle and understanding smile, one he primarily used for kids. Even though the prince was in his mid 20's. "Brother got mad at me and I ran off, I've been on the streets for days and haven't been able to find anything to eat so I went to look for foods in dumpsters. I saw a lot of homeless people come over here for the last few days so I thought it would be a good place to look."

Blue sighed and took the prince upstairs, the poor thing needed a proper bath and some sleep. "Nightmare?" Blue asked. The prince looked at Blue with his large purple eyes gently. "How would you like to work here? In exchange for food and a place to sleep." He explained. The prince quickly accepted and nodded vigorously, quickly taking his bath and heading to bed soon after. "Get some good rest it looks like you need it, in the morning I'll show you the basics." Blue said.

The flicked off the lights before heading to his own room to get some rest. In the morning Blue went to Nightmares room and gently woke him up, letting him get dressed before heading downstairs. "So" Nightmare yawned, "what are we doing up this early?" Blue gave a smile and plopped a large bag of flour into Nightmares arms. "We, are making the pastry's for today!" Blue announced. Nightmare hefted the large bag onto the table and let out a sigh.

This was going to be a long day.

Blue showed him how to make the dough first, how many of each ingredient to use, and how long to mix it for. Making sure to help him with the heavier ingredients, next came preparing the actual pastries. That had to be Nightmares favorite part, seeing all the hard work pay off and turn into such fun shapes. And that was the morning routine, it was the actual business Nightmare hated.

People always bossed him around and were fairly rude to him in general. Sure, some people were nice, but most were ungrateful assholes who had no idea on what his job truly was. But it was that one day, just one that made him fall head over heels. It was a normal day, rude customers delicious pastries, and the smell of tea radiating through the cafe. But... then a royal guard walked in, his, royal guard. Nightmare stiffened at the sight of him and ran in back.