Prologue

Title Source: https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/644619?q=cross_epoch

Y/N = Your Name

L/N = Last Name

E/C = Eye Color

H/C = Hair Color

F/C = Favorite Color

"Speech"

'Thoughts'

Word Count: 13.6k Words

=======================================

"Mmm! Your food is pretty good, Gramps!" The energetic voice of a young man can be heard coming from an old, rundown, and almost empty inn. Although the establishment itself was worn and on its last legs, figuratively speaking, the joyous energy inside made it feel like anything but.

"It fills me with joy to hear such heartwarming words, although..." The old innkeeper sighed when he saw the stacks of empty plates and bowls sitting on top of the counter, almost reaching the ceiling. "You should learn some restraint."

"Hah?" The young male sitting at the counter looked up with his bright eyes and stuffed cheeks. The sunlight peeked through the window, shining down upon the white turban wrapped around his head, the cobalt blue jacket he was wearing over a dark gray shirt, his yellow pants, and solid blue boots.

 The sunlight peeked through the window, shining down upon the white turban wrapped around his head, the cobalt blue jacket he was wearing over a dark gray shirt, his yellow pants, and solid blue boots

*Ignore the staff on his back*

Taking a loud gulp, the outlandishly dressed man tilted his head with a confused frown. "But, you said that you would treat me to a meal and that I could order anything I wanted."

"That doesn't mean you can just order everything off the menu!" The innkeeper shouted while the man laughed happily without a shred of shame nor malice. "Well, whatever. It doesn't matter anyways." He shook his head and disappeared into the back room, leaving the man to continue shoving mountains of food down his mouth and into the seemingly infinite void that was his stomach.

A few minutes later, the innkeeper popped out with his traveling clothes on and a bag slung over his shoulder.

"Huh? Where you going, Gramps?" said the man after slurping down a bowl of noodles.

"I know some people who are leaving this island at nightfall via a merchant ship... You should do the same, youngling. This place is not somewhere you should stay for too long." The older man answered and he wasn't wrong. Even though the rundown inn was on the outskirts of Mock Town in Jaya Island, that didn't mean they were safe from the numerous pirates infesting the popular parts of the town.

Jaya Island is only one of many islands located in the "Paradise" area of the Grand Line, an ocean route that wraps entirely around the entire world and is bisected by the Red Line, a ring-like landmass that also wraps around the world perpendicular to the Grand Line.