I Have A Life Flashing Before My Eyes Event During A Surreal Highschool TV Drama

Orie, in all honesty, wasn't sure if the beginning of a new school year was supposed to be this chaotic. In their defense they've never been to one before and thus don't have any other year to compare it to. However, Orie has the feeling that even if they did have those years of experience they still wouldn't be able to compete with their first days that were sprinkled with forbidden spells, german suplexes, and never before seen familiar ritual summonings.

Orie rubbed their temple with their hands, a headache rattling in their skull already. The roars of their peers sprung up in the air and bounced against the walls, filling Orie's chest with air and nausea. Their vision swims for a second before the teenage hellhound had enough, retreating out of the building to cool down and to process the trouble they had been experiencing.

----

The trouble had actually started a few weeks ago. For years, Orie had followed the same day-to-day routine. Orie would get up at specifically 6:16 am to get ready for the day. They'd make their bed and spray twenty six spritz of their favorite pumpkin scented air freshener in the room before going to the bathroom to begin brushing their hair. Detangling it isn't much of an issue for the hellhound, but Orie likes the feeling of the brush in their hair so they take about thirty minutes to brush their hair to satisfactory. The time rounds out to about 6:40 am and Orie spends about twenty minutes brushing their teeth, washing their face, and getting dressed for the day.

So then, at 7:00 am, Orie leaves their bedroom and tends to the few minor indoor chores they have. They always make the same small breakfast for them and their father- toast with a poached egg with three sliced deviberries and some bits of hellham- and then at about 7:30 am Orie tidies up the living room. Their father usually stays up till late in the night lazing about in there, so there's almost always a mess to clean. No matter the size of the mess, however, Orie is determined to spend only thirty minutes cleaning it up. The punctuality allows for the time to round to 8:00 am and that's when Orie leaves the house to tend to their favorite chore, tending to Lady Harpnus' beloved sacred cattle.

While Orie didn't know the exact reason the cattle were important, their father often told them a myth that they were manifestations of desires from the followers of Harpnus that were carried in the wind. Each whisper of longing and each wishful dream turned into fluffy cattle that grazed on the winds of ambitions and goals that hovered over Harpnus' abode. To spare the pride of her followers, she entrusted the sacred cattle to our ancestor, the brother of one of the first Naberius guard dogs.

Orie knew the stories they chose to believe varied though. During their youth, Orie would spend hours on their tip-toes grabbing books from the higher shelves about Lady Harpnus and their ancestors. They'd rub the pads of their fingers on the crinkly pages as they read, their ears twitching and their tail wagging at the noise and the information they consumed. Some stories painted the cattle as members of Lady Harpnus' followers that had fallen, others proclaimed the cattle were created to support the blessings the deity had bestowed in ancient times, some even said the herd were Harpnus' offspring and would one day grow into big cow deities.

No matter how absurd a myth sounded, Orie consumed the literature and stories with great joy, feeling closer to the herd with every book they read. There had been a long period of time where Orie would only read books about the herd and Lady Harpnus and they'd refuse to participate in studies since it took away from that time.

Their father had been upset at that, trying to force the books out of Orie's little claws despite their protests, but their mother had a gentler approach. Orie would be curled up in her lap as they played with her warm, calloused hands.
"Orie, dear," She had begun, brushing Orie's overgrown bangs out of their face. "Your father and I are well aware of your love for the herd-"