cupid brothers

Today was a specially stressful day for Noah, it felt like his energy was sucked out of him. Body aching at every move and head hurting as dizziness swept him away.

His tiredness didn't go unnoticed by his btothers who felt guilty for not being able to ease his burden as he didn't let them do so and told them to focuse on their education and happiness instead.

"I feel bad.."Nico said, eyes filled with sadness.

"I got an idea!"Alex said, eyes gleaming with determination.

"What is it?"

"He did say that we shouldn't help him, but he didn't say that we couldn't ask someone else for help"He took out his phone and dialed a number while his brother stared at him in confusion.

"Sis, can you come here?"He said to the phone.

●●●

It didn't take long before someone rang on the door.

"Hm? Do we have guests?"Noah thought,  clueless to what his brothers were doing.

"I will open it!"Alex shouted and ran to the door, welcoming them in. "Hi sister in law!"

The said person smiled, her cheeks pink in embarrassment from the nickname. "Hello.."

"Big brother is in the kitchen by the way"He said as he gently pushed her to the kitchen.

"Eh- Cadey?"Noah said, surprised by her present and a little embarrassed as he wasn't in the best state.

Cadey smiled and shook her head when he offered her tea. "Alex called me"

"He did?"Noah said while thinking whether he should be happy or scold his little brother. "I'm sorry to burden you.."

"Not at all"She placed her purse on the kitchen table and put on an apron that was hanging on the door, matching her boyfriend. "I love to cook"

He couldn't help but smile, knowing very well that it wasn't the truth yet she still willingly helped him. "Thank you"

In the meantime, Nico and Alex were watching them from the livingroom, mouth full with their favourite muffins that Cadey had bought on the way there.

"Lovebirds"Alex said while munching.

"A cute pair at that"Nico happily said. "Great idea by the way"

"I know"

Time flew by and before they knew it, the day was replaced by night.

"Ah- it's so late already.."Noah said as he looked through the window. "I'm sorry.."

"No need to apologize, I have nothing better to do anyway"She lied once again.

"If you say so"He smiled warmly at her.

"Sis!"Alex called as he peeked through the kitchen door. "Wanna do a sleepover tonight?"

"I think we have kept her long enough here"Noah said and looked at him with a strict expression.

"Pretty please"He put his best puppy eyes, hoping to convince his brother.