Chapter 2

Chapter 2:

My head was splitting after last night, but the naked girl lying next to me in bed, tossing her hair on the pillow, reconciled me with this injustice. Our relationship had finally shifted to a horizontal plane during the night, and despite being significantly drunk, I did my best, hoping not to disappoint the girl.

My bladder demanded attention, glancing briefly at the time and seeing it was almost eleven in the morning, I went to answer nature's call. We had only gone to bed at seven in the morning, so the scant four hours clearly weren't enough to mitigate the aftermath of the wild night, and I was still slightly tipsy.

Returning to bed, I collapsed next to the girl, and it was only the lingering effects of alcohol that made me agree to the request from the bracelet that appeared, only realizing afterwards that it wasn't a call from some dear relatives who were already into the evening of the first of January, but a strange system message from the communicator.

Subspace quantum capacitance filled. Initialize transition?

A portal formed beneath me, and I fell inside, clutching desperately at the blanket and the sleeping girl, pulling them in after me.

The fall from a few centimeters height certainly wasn't fatal, but it did startle me, and it woke up the girl, eliciting a painful groan and prompting her to groggily look around. The understanding of the situation slowly dawned in her eyes, and she gasped, snatching the blanket from me, wrapping herself in it, and looking around before asking a logical question.

"Max? What's happening, where are we? If this is some stupid joke or a dumb prank." She glared angrily. "Someone will regret it."

Though I had no answer to her question, I hastened to reassure the naked girl still wrapped in the blanket - "Okay. Let's figure this out now."

Looking around, I approached the nearest rough stone wall, for some reason touched the handle of a torch giving off uneven light, and thoughtfully glanced at the sitting girl. I touched the wall again and pinched myself.

"Ouch, that hurts!"

"Yes, and my bottom is cold," Anya repeated after me and got up.

"Ritm! Checking connection, calling brother," I decided to check for a connection and understand what was happening

Cellular connection does not function in subspace quantum capacitance.

The girl and I stared at each other in astonishment and simultaneously asked each other a question. - What the heck is going on here?

Internally resolved, I finally asked the question that I should have formulated first - "Rhythm. What's happening, where are we?"

In subspace quantum capacitance.

Oh damn! - I exploded with profanity - I understand that we are in some kind of capacitance. What is this, can you explain?