Prologue (Kimi's POV)

The Amber Paradox, one of the greatest empires of history that remains to be a great mystery on what happened. Now, the new Amber Paradox is but of a small squadron of non mortals just trying to survive on what little is left for us. After the takeover months ago, we have adapted to staying in the shadows, studying our prey so we could eliminate them in one fell swoop.

However, that is none of my concern. I'm just a simple doctor to heal my teammates. While they go out to fight for their survival, I am isolated in my small medical infirmary sorting out my medicines and tools for my next patient.

And just then there was a creak at the door, as I turn my head to see the person in need of my aid, it was no surprise to me who it was.

A young woman about my age, long wavy hair that reached down to her skeletal waist. The colors of her hair were mixed with a beautiful dark shade of faded purple and somewhat pink. Bright purple eyes, the middle was a perfectly shaped vertical slit for her pupil, aimed right to me. All is the same except her newly gained scratches, bruises, and more.

"You again?" I ask, it came off ruder than I thought in my head. Yet, her expression was unfazed, as usual.

"It's not like I wanted to come to your lousy aid, it was only because Great Guardian told me to." She remarked, turning her head away to my newly organized stacked bottles of pills, usually for certain illnesses.

"Just lay down on the bed. You seem perfectly healthy in your immune system, you do not require any of the medication there." I responded, as we made eye contact again.

"What? Ran out of painkillers there?" She asks, crossing her arms but a few seconds later, takes a seat on one of the beds.

"I always have them, you just only identify them as pills like all my other medications." I exclaim as I grab what I need to help her scratches, some still in a state of bleeding.

I've always made sure to have a good stock of bandages, ready for her when she gets injured because unlike most of the others, she's my most visited patient. And neither of us are proud of it.