Prologue

"Happy birthday, Noa! "

"Sweetie; her birthday's tomorrow, not today"

"Oh... Then, happy birthday Xue! "

"Caspar...." the lady dragged her voice, already fed up with her son who has been chanting 'Happy birthday' to his cousins since the day before.
Hearing his mother, the boy sealed his lips and looked at her not understanding why the birthday celebration has not started yet.

The woman lifted her son and strolled around the area, patting his back once in a while as she hummed a particular tune from his rhyme book. The boy seemed to catch the words pretty quickly as a result of reciting the rhyme almost everyday.

"Jack and Jill went up the hill..."
He sang softly whilst leaning his head on his mother's shoulder.

"... To fetch a pail of water..."

"...Jack fell down..."

"... And broke his crown..."

"... Jill came tumbling after..."

"Ah finally!" His mother exclaimed softly as she tucked Caspar under the covers. She exited the room quietly meeting her sister who was passing by the door probably going to the kitchen to bake some cookies.

"Is he asleep?" She questioned.

"Yes"

"Mamma?" Young Noa waddled towards her mother and stood behind her legs, shying away from her aunt.

"Geez Noa, I told you already I have no teddy!" Her mother whined in exhaustion not knowing why her daughter has been asking for a teddy ever lunch.

Her sister chuckled softly as she stooped over the little girl "What teddy are you talking about sweetheart?"

"Casie said that you and uncle Shi Jia are gifting us a teddy for our birthday, I want that! " Noa demanded. She'd been asking Caspar to just give it to her but he kept denying her, trying to make her understand that she is not getting any teddy.

"Holy mother of butterflies...."

╭────༺♡༻────╮

"Noa, is it your birthday today?"

"Casie my birthday's tomorrow."

"Oh... Then, happy birthday Xue."

"I am her twin Caz, my birthday is on the same day as her."

"Oh... by the way I know what is in the gift box mummy and daddy are going to give you"

"What is it?"

"It is supposed to be a surprise for the birthday babies, so I can't tell you"

"It's our birthday, we should know what gift we are getting"
"Is it a nerf gun?"

"I am not telling you, it's a surprise"

"How about you give us clues and we guess it?"

"Yes!

"Yay!"

"So... Hm... your first clue is.... It is very soft. "

"A towel?"

"No"

"A rug?"

"No"

"Ugh! Next hint!"

"It is very huge and fluffy too. "

"It is a towel, I am telling you!"

"No it's not!"

"Is it... TNT? Like in Tom & Jerry?"
"TNTs are not soft!"

"It's not TNT"

"It's a towel, I don't care I am not playing anymore."

*Gasp*

"Is it... Is it a teddy?"

"No! No! It is supposed to be a surprise!"

"A teddy!"

"It's not a teddy!"

It was a teddy bear after all.