Merry Christmas

Even though it had been over a decade since Yoohyeon's dad had passed away, it didn't make Christmas any less hard to be happy for. This year would be the first time Yoohyeon wouldn't be going home to celebrate because she was scheduled to work on that day and her manager refused to switch her shift. She was now headed home, her stomach sinking further and further as she thought about telling her mom she couldn't come home. She was so deep in her thoughts, that she drove on autopilot and was startled out of her reverie when she realized she was in the driveway of their house.

Yoohyeon let out a long sigh and rested her head on the wheel, feeling tears start to creep into her vision, stinging, and her throat beginning to constrict. She quickly shook herself, willing away the tears, so that her girlfriends wouldn't notice anything was wrong. Putting a smile on her face, Yoohyeon grabbed her bag from the passenger's seat and slowly walked to the front door. Before she could pull her keys out, the door swung open and Yubin pulled her inside, wrapping her arms around her, and nuzzling into Yoohyeon's neck, her wings wrapping around them. Yoohyeon dropped her bag and slowly put her arms around Yubin's waist, sighing in relaxation at the feeling of warmth.

Yubin left a small kiss on her neck before pulling back, "Welcome home baby!" Her wings fluttered in excitement behind her. "Minji just finished making dinner, so go ahead and get changed."

Yoohyeon smiled at how cute she was and quickly nuzzled into Yubin's neck, growling a little as she peppered it with kisses. She smiled at the cute giggles Yubin let out, her hands gently pushing at Yoohyeon's shoulders. She pulled back only to envelope Yubin into a long kiss, both sighing into the feeling of finally being connected. They froze when they heard a gentle cough behind them and turned to find Minji standing with her hands on her hips, faux annoyance on her face.

"The food's going to get cold you two, save the making out for dessert." Her eyes settled onto Yoohyeon, "where's my 'just got home' kiss?"

"Yes dear, "Yoohyeon sighed in exaggerated exasperation. She sauntered over to Minji, rested her hands on her hips, and slowly connected their lips together. Minji sighed into the kiss, bringing her hands to rest on Yoohyeon's shoulders.

She slowly pulled back, not wanting to end it just yet. When she opened her eyes, she noticed Minji eyes roaming her face.

"Is something wrong baby?" Darn Minji and her excellent intuition. "Your face seems stiff and your shoulders are tight."

"I'm just fine baby, now, didn't you say the food was getting cold? Let me change real quick." Yoohyeon said, not wanting to address her feelings at that moment.

Minji searched her face for a bit longer, "You know that you can tell us anything right?"

Yoohyeon smiled, "Of course dear, I know perfectly well, you never forget to remind me."

"Just making sure!" Minji smiled, "Now go change, I'll go set the table." She patted Yoohyeons shoulders before walking back towards the kitchen.

Yoohyeon watched her go with a smile on her face before turning down the hallway towards their bedroom. She didn't notice Yubin following her until she turned towards the bed to start unbuttoning her shirt.

"Let me help you," Yubin said softly, quickly walking over and replacing Yoohyeon's hands with her own. She slowly unbuttoned her shirt before sliding it off her shoulders and setting her hands on her waist.

Yoohyeon chuckled when she attempted to move, but was held fast by Yubin's hands.

"Is something wrong?" Yoohyeon whispered, not wanting to startle Yubin who seemed to be deep in her mind.