002

It was Monday morning at the office, it had started snowing over the weekend so it was a challenge for Kaoru to actually go to work. The marks all over his body still had not faded so he opted for wearing a black turtle neck, tighter than he would've wanted but there wasn't any other option. He was on his phone at his desk replying to an endless amount of emails and messages from co-workers and trainees. A few memories of that night had flooded his brain during the weekend, not admitting it kind of turned him on but whatever. He still had no clue what got him into that situation at all, the moment he saw Eli, public decency and property be dammed he would beat that shit eating grin off of his face.

Around 20 minutes later he spilt something off of his shirt, cursing as he made his way towards the bathroom. He walked in and stood in front of the sink taking off his shirt to try and keep a stain from appearing until he got home. Kaoru heard the door open and kept his head down, still scrubbing at his shirt until he looked up and saw a familiar face staring at him with that shit eating grin through the mirror. Eli. A wave of fury hit him like a ball to the head and he immediately turned around, grabbed him by his shirt and slammed him against the wall making sure to inflict pain against his back and head.

"Hey, I am still your boss you know?" Eli said smirking, looking at the slightly shorter man who has just pinned him against the wall. A fist punched the wall right next to Eli's head which made him flinch a bit.

"I don't give a shit, what the fuck happened that night." Kaoru said grabbing Eli's hair and bringing his head down to his level.

"In detail or— OW FUCK" Eli shouted in pain as a foot kicked him in the shin with full force. Kaoru scowled and went to kick again before he heard Eli say something.
"You came onto me you know?" Eli said averting his gaze, ignoring that this was turning him on.

"I did...?" Kaoru's face fell from anger to, well, still anger but confusion aswell. He loosened his grip on Eli's hair without realising.
"You looked cute while doing it aswell." Eli winked and Kaoru's breath hitched for a moment before he kicked Eli away and went back to his discarded shirt and put it back on.

"I'd feel better if we didn't talk about this, at all in fact. It won't happen again." Kaoru said while buttoning up his already crinkled shirt as Eli nodded. Kaoru walked out and went back to his office and planted his head on the desk.
'There's no way I would've came onto him? Eli has to be bullshitting' Thoughts like that rushed through Kaoru's head as the day went by, trying to avoid Eli at all costs. Time only seemed to move slowly since that interaction, Kaoru had barely any work today he was even sure why he came to work in the first place.

Around 2 hours later he got an email from his supervisor that made his heart drop to the floor. Kaoru scanned the email over and over again, making sure it was actually real and he was not just in some fucked up nightmare . 2 flight tickets and 2 hotel rooms. A two hour flight. There was supposed to be a meeting for Eli to get a contract signed over-broad, but Ash was supposed to go with him? Why was he staring at a flight ticket with his name on it? Was this some kind of twisted joke? Kaoru stared at the email for another 10 minutes or so before he heard a knock at his door and granted entry.

"You know you should really get another chair in here, not very welcoming." Eli said while leaning against the door frame, shit eating grin.

"What do you want?" Kaoru said frustrated, still staring at the email and avoiding Eli's gaze.
Eli walked over and looked over Kaoru's shoulder at his computer.
"I know what you're thinking, Ash was supposed to come with me but I figured you'd be a better person to come with since you did most of the work on this project and we can't let this go wrong." Eli's voice was suddenly serious.
Kaoru hummed in disagreement, sure he worked hard on this project but he had just done his job nothing more? He couldn't give two shits if they didn't get the contract signed as long as it didn't fuck with his pay check.
"You're willing to disagree of course but I think it'd be a decision worth thinking over." Eli made his way out the door and before he left he turned around and say Kaoru's resentment.
"Did I mention you would get a raise?"