Chapter 2: Restarting Life But Better

(Three hundred and four thousand, six hundred and third Quantic Universe Earth, Friday, April 18th, 2003, Chloe Bourgeois' POV...)

I don't believe it. I mean, I do believe it, don't get me wrong. But it's just that some part of me still doesn't believe it.

It's been three years since my life changed forever, and especially in a good way at the end of it.

In particular, I have spent 3 years getting over my denial about everything that's happened ever since I was possessed by my future self and turned into the opposite of what she became in the future.

In particular, I have spent 3 years getting over my denial about everything that's happened ever since my getting possessed by my future self as Chloe Bourgeois along with my death back on my Earth alongside the simultaneous deaths of my one hundred and eighty-six friends happening at the same time as my death thanks to that exploding TV literally exploding like a big scatter frag grenade.

And the first thing I was in denial about ever since my death was me being reborn. I didn't believe in reincarnation due to having grown up in a strict religious family back on my Earth alongside the rest of our group along with the fact that there's actually no factual evidence of any kind about reincarnation happening in real life, but as far as I can see, reincarnation across the multiverse does indeed exist. This is simply something that should only be possible in books, cartoons, movies, video games, comic books, manga comics, fanfiction stories, and so forth. And because of this, I have been reborn from death, no more or less with my soul as Hazel Habgood currently inhabiting the body of Chloe Bourgeois, one of the biggest nuisances and former antiheroes turned one out of six tertiary antagonists in Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir.

Despite the fact that Thomas Astruc took away all forms of Chloe's character development as a form of payback against one of his former high school bullies and blew off any Chloe-loving whistleblowers for the sake of preserving his public image in spite of the fact that his public image back on my Earth was already pretty much destroyed to nothingness when he had the Bourgeois heiress arrested at the end of the final battle with Monarch after her crimes before and after Miracle Queen were exposed but without her alliance with Monarch revealed whatsoever in the episodes before The Last Day, and when Astruc became a violent criminal mastermind after he was fired in an alternate version of my Earth, only to force the French Police's hand in that universe to the point where he had to be put down, Chloe still became a threat just because of all of that, and yet, nobody initially chose to throw her in prison for her crimes throughout seasons 1-5. For both good and bad reasons. Not just because of Ms. Bustier and Mr. Damocles being incompetent at their jobs even before they finally stood up against Mayor Bourgeois before Monarch's security robot plan came to fruition and failed all the same, and not just because of those like Roger Raincomprix being a coward for not standing up to Chloe's father, Mayor Bourgeois. And it's also not just because of Chloe's father, Mayor Bourgeois, abusing his political power to keep Chloe out of prison in spite of the fact that he could end up signing his own prison sentence in the process, it's not just because he doesn't have emotional wisdom or the backbone to stand up against his own wife Audrey Bourgeois, and it's not just because of the fact that Mayor Bourgeois can easily end and ruin in every manner possible the reputations, careers, and lives of anyone who decides to stand up against them both and/or punish Chloe for her actions regardless of whether or not Andre is aware that his actions and Chloe's actions have consequences. But it's also because of the possibility of Hawk Moth – after becoming Shadow Moth and before becoming Monarch – theoretically on the fan side of things creating for himself a Sentimonster Catalyst to upgrade his powers and make him become Scarlet Shadow or a similarly named Scarlet Moth iteration of Shadow Moth so that he can Akumatize an army of supervillains yet again, this time being assisted with an army of Sentimonsters.