JAEMIN

Jaemin tried his hardest to overcome the excruciating urge of taking out his phone to photograph Jeno and Renjun. It took great effort and self control to act naturally as he saw how both males were sitting side by side as they waited for Jaemin to be finished for the day. He had taken the liberty to inspect some equipment so both males had to wait for him.

In reality he just took a glimpse of the equipment and called it a day since it wasn't something he had to do but it was the perfect opportunity for his friends to become friends with each other. Jeno likes to keep to himself. He'll answer and it's possible to have a nice meaningful conversation with him but he isn't the type to initiate a conversation. Jaemin himself isn't the type either but he tries. Both of them have gotten to the point where communicating with one another was a natural thing. They weren't awkward with each other nor did they fear that the other would judge and criticize them. Jaemin used to be a loud person but the amount of negative comments he'd receive from his classmates made him keep to himself. When he talked others would judge what he had to say, and when he was silent others would judge his silence. It was hard to satisfy people, even when said people weren't even two digits old yet.

Kids were really mean for no reason.

With Jeno, Jaemin feels like he is truly himself. Home should be the place a person distresses and can be their true self, but his parents always try to mold how he should be. At home Jaemin is the person his parents want. He's their cheerful, slightly naive son that needs to be protected from the world and its cruel antics. He gets good trades and overall stays out of trouble. His parents are satisfied with how he's turning out to be. At school he's the kind of weird kid that everyone used to pick on but now avoid since he's a national athlete so messing with him is kind of awkward now. He quietly does his work and calls it a day. His teachers are satisfied with how he's turning out to be. At practice he's the young but incredibly talented player. He works hard, listens, and hardly ever complains. His coaches are satisfied with how he's turning out to be. With Jeno, Jaemin is simply a teenager with flaws and dreams. A regular person that does regular things.

Renjun seems to be a quiet person so Jaemin has to make up for his lack of words by talking more. Jeno and Renjun were the type of people that could probably go a whole day without using their voice. Jaemin knew that despite Jeno's shyness and somewhat cold demeanor, he was actually a cutie that loved receiving affection. Jaemin now needed to find out how Renjun was under his cold and sad exterior.

Jeno is aware that he wants to help out the Chinese athlete, so he hopes that the bonding time he created for them was put to good use.

"Sorry if I took so long, I hope Jeno didn't bore you trying to explain the non existing overwatch lore."

"Overwatch does have lore." Jeno mumbled. During their winter break, they spent all their free time at a PC Bang playing overwatch. Jeno had spent like two hours trying to convince Jaemin that the characters in the game had backstories and the maps had meaning. Jaemin just wanted to shoot and win while he ate ramen.

Renjun looked up at him with a questionable expression. He looked so cute that it made Jaemin wonder how he didn't immediately cup Renjun's face and pet him as if he were a cat. Jaemin should win an award for how good his self control is.

Speaking of cats, encouraging Jeno to talk about his fur babies would definitely get him to open up. When it came to cats Jeno became a talking machine. He could go on and on about how cute and awesome they were and how cats are actually a man's best friend. A big chunk of his phone's photo gallery was dedicated to his two cats.

Jaemin thinks cats are cute, especially when they're doing silly little things like making biscuits but when Jeno smiles he resembles a samoyed so Jaemin will continue to defend his stance on dogs being better.