Braveheart

Narrator: One day, Huckle Cat and his family were on vacation in Sodor. They were visiting Christopher and Dame Anne to hear more about their life. 

(Christopher pulls into the station with a long train.)

Huckle Cat: Hi, Christopher!

Christopher: How do you know my name?

Huckle Cat: I heard about your story from a friend. By the way, I'm Huckle Cat and this is family. 

Minnie: Nice to meet you. 

Sally Car: Nice to meet you.

Mickey: I heard you have many stories to tell. 

Christopher: Yes, and I can tell you one while I wait for the all clear. 

Narrator: So Mickey and Minnie both grabbed notebooks and pens of course. Christopher took a deep breath and this is the story he told. It happened when Christopher was new to the line... Now have you remembered that in those days he was called Sheffield? (Reader nods) Oh you have. Heheh. Well then, now we can begin.

Narrating Christopher: This story takes place a long time ago, at time in which I was still learning the roots of the line. One day, the manager came to see me.

MGR Manager: Sheffield, I am pleased with your work so far. Now Sheffield, you must learn the mountain road.Narrating Christopher: I was excited.Sheffield: Yes please Sir.

MGR manager: Heheheh. Very well. That's settled. Tomorrow you will go double heading on it with Ross. He'll explain everything.

Narrating Christopher: The manager left to make the arrangements. At the time, I didn't like this. Um... well, I thought Duke was an old fuss pot and a regular class—a QUACKITY-Quack, though of course this has changed as time went on.

Sheffield: Hmph! If I know Ross, he'd just ramble on and on about his grace the whole journey and I won't have time to look at the view. He's an old fusspot.

Narrating Christopher: In the summer months usually between late May and early September, Ross would pull a special passenger excursion train that was one for holiday makers. Running between Halifax at 10am, calling at all stations as well as many beauty spots on route for ramblers and picnic parties and it had a relaxed timing to allow for these. The return left Limpingshed at 3.30pm returning passengers to Halifax at 5.10 in time for High tea at the sacred hour (to Sudrian Landladies) of 5.30. He called it, 'the Vacationer'. The next day, I was ready and waiting at Halifax station with a fresh coat of paint with my driver and fireman giving me a final checking over, when Ross arrived and drew forward beside me.

Ross: Listen, the mountain road is difficult. There have been terrible accidents on the Mountain Road a few times. Therefore, you take the train and I'll couple in front and lead.

Sheffield: No. I'll lead. How can I learn the road with you lumbering ahead and blocking the view?

Ross: Very well. But never mind the view. Look to track.

Narrating Christopher: Finally, the guards whistle blew and green flag waved and me and Ross started off.

Ross: (On starting) Look at the track! Never mind the view! Be sure to keep focus at all times, for this is very tricky.

Sheffield: (On starting) Fusspot! Fusspot! QUACKITY-quack! QUACKITY-quack!

Sheffield's Driver: That's nonsense! Now please shut up!

Ross: Pay no attention. Just carry on.

Ross's driver: Good point. 

Sheffield's Driver: (Checks Sheffield) Whoa! Slow down young one. This isn't a race.