1-1

The train ride felt familiar, but I couldn't locate where I knew it from. I walked down the train, looking for anybody, yet there was no one around. The train was completely void of life. I could hardly breathe through the thick air but kept walking anyway.

How long had I  been walking? A few days? A month? More? I turned, hearing people speak in the compartment next to me, and quickly opened the door, but there was nothing in there as per usual.

"Y/n..." A distorted voice called me, but I was unsure from where.

It terrified me, but I kept walking as my heart started to hurt, as well as my head, "Y/n, come back..."

"Come back to me..." I walked faster towards the voice as I entered the next compartment, the door shutting loudly behind me.

My head hurt more as my mind refused to remember...

Remember...

What am I supposed to remember?

I turned, seeing dark figures in the room and no way out. Everything was confusing. The voices got louder and muffled together, making it hard to concentrate.

I covered my ears as my headache got worse. Why am I on the train? Why am I here? Why am I fifteen again?

Amidst my confusion, I had noticed that I were no longer sixteen but trapped in my fifteen year old self, while that wasn't a problem to most people, all of my character development happened long after I turned fifteen.

I covered my ears as it got louder, closing my eyes when the figures moved in closer, "Wake up."

When I opened my eyes again, I was no longer on the train, but in a classroom, "psst. Hey."

I turned, confused, "uhm, hello?"

The teacher was blabbering about astrology as the boy behind me kept trying to gain my attention, "Y/n, right? The Malfoy twin?" I nodded, remembering his smile from when i was younger. All I wanted was to be happy like him, "James Potter, I think we could be good friends."

He shook my hand as a snore caught my attention, but my table mate had woken himself up and went back to sleep. The teacher still ignored the students, "but we're in different houses?"

He shrugged, "Minor inconvenience, I'll see you after horticulture."

The scene changed, and my fifteen old body was now in the middle of the woods after horticulture, following James Potter, "At first, I thought you were really stuck up."

He jumped over a small stream and held his hand out to me, "then I met your brother and realized that you weren't the problem, you just didn't know how to be independent and make your own decisions."

"You trust me, right?" He smiled at me, a flurry of unfamiliar feelings bubbled up in the pit of my stomach, making my heart leap, just as I did in that moment.

He pulled me in and held me as he laughed, "See! I got you!"

He held my hand still, running past an old tree when the world spun again.

This time, I was sitting by their hideout as they conversed with each other, "She's sure quiet."

Sirius said, "I've sat next to her all year and barely heard her speak."

"That's because you're always sleeping in class." Remus chuckled.

"Still, I think with a little more friends, we can get her to be open. Look." He watched me sit still, hands in my lap, "all that potential. Shame for it to go to waste. It's only the middle of our fifth year. We have time."

And that was the moment my world changed. Not everything would be dull and grey.

For the first time, I saw color.

The scene changed again, and I saw every instance where Lucius and I grew further apart while I gained more independence.

Muffled voices broke through once again, one standing out, "wake up."

"Wake up." Again, it hurt my head as everything got brighter, "wake up."

Everything around me disappeared as someone touched me, scaring me deeply, "wake up."

Brightness consumed me as my eyes shot open, making me breathe heavily. I was sitting up as much as I could since my head hurt a lot. My eyes settled, now being able to see what was going on.

I was in the medical wing of the school, in a bed with wires connected to me. My head was bandaged and covered with a sticky substance.

I glanced at the clock, trying to register what time it said when I read '4:37' and looked out the window. Daybreak had just peered over the horizon, and the sky was gorgeous.

A ghost flew through the walls, checking on the children before it saw me staring out of the window. It screamed and flew out of the room rapidly.

The hurried clicking of footsteps echoed down the hall. The doors swung open as Madam Pomfrey ran down the corridor to see if it was true. And to her amazement, it was. I had finally awakened.

She sat her medical bag down to check my vitals and slowly started to remove the bandage from my head, "I'm sure you're confused as to how you got here, and why you have no recollection of the past month or so."

I stared out the window as she applied some disinfectant to my wound when the stitches popped again in my sleep, "About two weeks ago, some pixies had gotten loose, and caused mischief in care of magical creatures, in turn, breaking the chain of an extremely heavy metal cage that was attached to the ceiling."

"If it had been any student, they would've faced serious penalties, seeing as you almost died when it landed on you." She was confused as to why you made no noise when she applied the cleaner, "usually you would poke fun and prodd at me for being too rough. How do you feel?" But I didn't answer, I just sat there, "Everyone has been seriously worried about you, especially since it happened just at the start of your sixth year. Especially that man of yours."

I looked at her confused, "My what?" She was startled by the monotone use in my voice, but she readjusted herself.

"Your boyfriend, James Potter." She looked at me seriously as I stared in pure confusion. She got more worried, "In your fifth year, you met the boys, Sirius, Remus, and James. Do you not remember?"

I shook my head, my face void of any feelings I currently felt, "do... Do you not remember any of your fifth year?"

I stopped as my head pounded again, "bits and pieces, but no. Not at all."

She sat forward, holding my hands, "You had decided to be a matron, studying under me after you patched James up during a quidditch match, since you got there before me. He said you had lots of potential and should think about the medical field."

I stared at her, "I would never, my family would be so disappointed if i were to be one, regardless of, how do I know that you are telling me the truth?"

"Because, my dear, I was there." She said, worried about what was to happen now.

-.-

Status: Unedited

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow me for more!