What is Tim was shot fatally during the selby shootout? (1x01)

Lucy's POV

My first day of work, I was really nervous about it. What if I failed? Luckily, I had my bestie Jackson there to comfort me.
There were 3 of us. Me, Jackson, and Nolan. Who I had secretly been dating for the past 3 months.
Life was good. I had finally gotten into a job that I actually wanted to do. It has always been my dream to become a cop. And I finally achieved it. So of course I was a bit scared and nervous. Who wouldn't be?
On my way to work, my car broke down. Piece of junk.
While I was pushing my car up the street, a random man came up to me. He said, "hey momma, that's a nice ride." I responded yeah.
He then pulled out a revolver and added " I think I'm gonna have to take it off your hands." I said, "You're gonna steal my car? The one that broke down 2 miles back?"
He said "Yeah, maybe take you for a spin too."
I then smiled and the next I knew, I was in the station. I went to the front desk and turned him in.
"Officer Chen, reporting for duty." I felt badass.
I went to the locker room and changed.
Finally, time for roll call.
Going into the room, I was very nervous. I think I started sweating a bit.
Grey went on and on with roll call, I wasn't really paying attention.
Finally, it was time to meet our Training officers.
Jackson got Lopez, Nolan got Bishop, and with 1 more TO left, I think I could guess which one I'm getting.
Officer Bradford.
He looked very serious, I just smiled at him.
It was time to go load up the shop, first he showed me how to check shotgun safety, what to call the "shop" and to check myself before going out.
Then we hit the street, it was a very boring and slow shift, barely any calls came through.
Finally, we spotted an 11-3 deal.
Seems like Tim knew him, since when we got to him, he called him "ghost head".
"Yo this is harassment." Ghost head said.
"What? No! Kinda like a frequent flyer program for dirt bag drug dealers." Tim responded.
"Search him boot" he then said.
I looked at him for a split second, then at ghost head.
"Turn around, grab the wall." I said to ghost head.
"Make me, boot." He said.
I force him to turn around, but then he starting trying to hit me. Ghost head pins me to the wall.
"Keep your hands up Chen." Tim said.
He didn't even try to help, he just told me to keep my hands up. I was kind of annoyed.
I finally get my grip and get a few good hits on ghost head. Then I push him to the ground.
"Turn around, you're under arrest." I said.
Tim and I walk back to the shop, to place ghost head inside.
Suddenly some junkie comes out, demanding I "let him go"
Tim looked kind of shocked. I then him talking to her, and then the junkie runs off with Tim's money.
Tim then tells me to left ghost head go. And obviously I can't disobey him, so I let ghost head out.
"What the hell was that?" I said to Tim.
"That was my wife, Isabel." Tim responded.
"I won't tell anyone."I added back.
"You're damn right you won't." Tim just said.
Once we hit the road again, it was quiet. Very quiet.
Not a single word was said.
After another 25 minutes of driving around, me and Tim see something going on in an alley.
And obviously, since it's an LA alleyway, we check it out.
In the alleyway, we see 2 men. just looking into the back of the trunk of a car.
1 of the men yelled out, "there a problem officer?"
Tim yells out " There will be if you don't show those hands, Now!"
And just like that, both of the guys pull out Assault Rifles and start shooting.
My mind is going crazy, overthinking.
"What if I die?" Or "what if I get seriously injured?"
And just like that, The next moment I see Tim get shot. And Tim wasn't wearing his trauma vest. And even if he did have body armor on, those things aren't 100% trustworthy.
I get behind the shop, in hopes of reaching Tim, while still firing back.
I finally reach Tim after the guy focuses on Nolan.
I tap on him, he doesn't respond and I get worried.
So I check his pulse to see if he is breathing. He isn't.
My mind is racing thoughts.
"What if I'm the reason he's dead?" If I wasn't so focused on myself, and shooting back more, maybe Tim would have had a shot at still being alive.
But I still wait in for the paramedics. The shooter ran, so Nolan, Talia, and Lopez go after the shooter while I stay with Tim.
Once paramedics have arrived, they immediately check Tim.
A paramedic comes up to me and confirms my worst fear.
Tim is dead.
I start tearing up at this point, because it was my fault. I'm the reason he's dead.
I tell the paramedic ok, and alert Sergeant Grey about this.
He tells me to come back to the station. And Lopez offers me a ride, so I accept it.
The entire way back to the station felt very long.
I was just thinking of Tim the entire ride there.
And once I get into the Sergeants office. The entire world goes dark.
After a very very long discussion, they let me go. Hopefully nothing bad happens. But if there is, I will gladly accept it. Seeing as it was my fault. Grey tells me to go home and take tomorrow off to clear my mind.
I can't stop thinking about Tim.
Sure, he was an ass. But I still believed he had a good heart. And personally, he was kinda handsome.
I visit his grave every day, letting him know about every day about my experience as a rookie.

It has been about 4 years since Tim died, it is now 2022.
I am now a UC and currently studying to become a detective. I still sometimes think about him. Hoping he would be proud of what I have accomplished. I know he is proud up there. Proud of me.