prologue

CW: child abuse

July 30th 2022

June had a 27 point lead going into the summer break. People thought that was impossible, for her at least. She stared karting before everyone else at 4 years old. Her dad really wanted to create the next "Michael Schumacher" so he did everything in his power to achieve that. June thought that he had succeeded, she had won almost every series she was in since her last years of karting. Her dad never thought it was enough though; always yelling at her how she could have done better, saying how she never should have won, and punishing her for any little thing she did wrong.

Her mom never stopped him, she would just watched as her husband would scream at their daughter. June would get jealous sometimes when she would watch as her friends got hugs and praises from their family, she thought it wasn't fair that she got punished with this family while they had parents that actually cared about them.

"June!" Her dad said, slamming her door open making the girl jump.

"yes sir?"

"We got something special we need to talk about."

"What something special?" she questioned.

"An offer for a spot next year."

"For f2, I didn't think they started talking about that until the end of the season; it's only summer break."

"Not an f2 spot June, Alphatauri would like to talk you about a possible seat next year. That's f1 kid."

"What?" She said, shocked.

"No, no but i'd miss f2, I didn't think that was possible anymore."

"June you're a talent, you're the exception."

She didn't want to be the exception, that would mean it would all get worse. Her dad, she couldn't take it. She'd also leave all her friends behind, the few people that could finally get along with.

"I don't want to," She said quietly.

"What?"

"I don't want to," She said a little louder this time.

"You don't want to?" Her dad yelled.

"No," She said shaking her head.

"This isn't a choice you're doing it!"

"It is a a choice, it's my choice and i'm not doing it!"

June fell out of her chair, she immediately went to hold her check; the pain immediate from her dad's punch.

"You don't tell me no June." Her dad said leaving the room.

Her eyes filled with tears as she sat up. She pulled her self back up to her feet, She slowly walked over to close the door before leaning on the door frame. She couldn't keep it together anymore, she just sobbed, she didn't want to go.
———
June left her room later the day, when she hopped her dad would finally be asleep. She hadn't ate anything that day. As she slowly sneaked to the kitchen she saw her dad sitting at the island.

"June."

"Yeah,"

"Do you really think you deserve this after what you did?"

"I don't know."

"No you don't, plus this will be good for you, you'll get used to get it."

"Yes sir,"

She said as she walked back to her room. She hated him, she hated her whole family, she missed Ollie and Jak. She wished she could have said yes when Ollie's family invited her over for the summer break, but her dad wouldn't let her as summer was a time to train, not to rest.
———
September 14th 2022
Signing day

She was really scared, she was actually going into f1 next year and there was nothing she could do about it. As they pulled up to the building her nerves grew, she felt like she could throw up.

Her dad pulled into the parking spot, he parked before turning over to his daughter.

"You are going to go in there and you are going to be happy and extremely grateful, do you understand me?"

"I understand,"

"Good," He said getting out of the car.

June slowly followed behind, once they entered they got lead to a bigger office where Mr. Tost greeted them.

"Hello," June said shaking his hand before sitting down in one of the chairs.

June didn't really pay attention to what they were talking about she already knew most of it a 1 year contract, 1 million dollars, she felt like that was all that was really important.

"June," Her dad said

"Hmm?" She said getting knocked out of her day dreaming.

Her dad pointed to the paper in front of her. June sighed for a second before picking up the pen and signing a couple of forms. They were finally done after about an hour, she said bye to everyone on her way back trying to seem as happy as she could.

"It wasn't that bad was it," Her dad said once they got in the car.

"Yeah, it was fine."

"So they said there going to announce it soon, so be ready for it okay?"

"Okay, I will be."

———
September 30th 2022

BREAKING
14-year old Formula 3 driver June Russo set to drive for Alphatauri in the upcoming Formula 1 season

The 14 year old from America is planning to skip Formula 2 and go to Formula 1 next season. This will make her the youngest Formula 1 driver in the history of the sport. June Russo this season won Formula 3 with a 47 point lead only lost a few races the whole season.

- Click here to read more -

JuneRusso posted a story!