Trepidation

Pony- 15
Johnny- 16
Pony's POV:
Tonight was movie night at my house, so I invited Johnny over. Of course I didn't tell my family that he was my boyfriend because only God knows what they would've done if they knew. So all they know is that someone's coming over.

When he gets here he shyly greats my parents and my brothers. I nearly forget that I can't hold his hand so I just whisper a quick, "follow me." And lead him to my spot on the couch.

We sat close, but not touching anything beside our legs. The movie was a romance comedy, but the overall plot was kinda sad. It was about to two women who were in love, but had to find two men to be their fake husbands.

There were a lot of silly scenes though, like older men being too stupid to realize they liked each other. Or the looks on their faces when a man their age hit on one of them.

I never in a million years would've thought that my parents would've even let us watch a movie like this. Let alone laugh at it with us.

Me and Johnny end up intwined in each other, his head rest on my shoulder, and his hands in mine. He was basically in my lap, as we giggled and laughed. Everyone's having a good time so this is alright, right?

Once the movie is over everyone stretches for a second before setting back into place.

"Why didn't you tell us about your boyfriend, Ponyboy?"

As soon as the words left Soda's month I felt as though I wanted to disappear. Me and Johnny both, anywhere but right here. I blushed, but felt ice cold at the same time.

I stayed silent for a moment before answering, "because, well, I never knew how you'd react... and I really love him. I didn't want anything to happen is all." I shrug.

"Well nothings happening in this house, but some places aren't that nice." Dad reminds.

We don't answer, but in my head I thank them.