CHAPTER 2

Chapter 2, "ages"

"You don't...fear me?"

"Why would I? It's not like you can kill me, I'm already dead."

she shrugs.
"The only thing I guess I should be afraid of is if you choose to torture me or somethin', which I know you won't do."

Abyss nods slightly. Maybe he was being too harsh to this girl. She doesn't seem all that bad for the moment. He's never cared for most people, but she's caught his interest.

"Hmm...you may be dead, but you still have a physical body. I could hurt you if I wanted to."

"But you won't!" she says, smiling slightly.
"Oh, how old are you? I don't have any clue on how old my rulers are."

*Abyss nods again. Her confidence is amusing to him.*

"I won't...for now."

Abyss thinks for a moment before answering her question. He doesn't seem to mind her asking such a personal question. He answers it without hesitation.
"I'm thousands of years old. I've lived for a long, long time."

"Dang.. I guess that makes sense, though. Overlords live longer than regular demons."
she shrugs, laying down on the floor.

"..I'm 14." she says, smiling awkwardly at him.

"Drunk driver, that wasn't such a fun experience. At least I had a good enough soul to still have a physical form after I died."
she shrugs again.

Abyss nods. That...is unfortunate. It's sad how many lives are taken away so early. 14...that's so young. She must've been a good person with a soul that pure...
"I see. And this is your physical form, then?"

"Yup! I can switch to just my soul if I want, but it's not that fun just flying around as a little black, glowing orb."

Abyss nods, and it seems like he's thinking something. The way her soul glows, though...it reminds him of someone. He feels a sort of familiarity with this girl.

"And what about your other abilities? You mentioned being able to levitate, become invisible, and also being able to alter reality in some way?"

"I just got a weird reality warping, I can just cause some sounds and hallucinations."

There it is. Those are all the powers someone with a pure heart has. Abyss is absolutely certain about who this girl is...or at least, who she used to be. There's no doubt in his mind.

"What is your name, girl?"