BEGINNING

This is supposed to be one of the happiest days of my life. I'm marrying the mother of my child. I'm giving my son a stable two parent home, which is a good thing...but I can't stop thinking about Symone.

I would've done anything to make things right with her. She didn't give me a chance.

Symone cut me off so fast. The next thing I know, I'm blocked, and she moved somewhere else.

Messing with Jalia was a horrible move on my part. Out of all the women I could have dealt with, I picked her sister.

Fucking idiot.

I believe I could've had a chance if Jalia didn't get pregnant. Then again, Symone saw the video of us having sex, which I'm still pissed at Jalia about.

My son is the only reason I got married today. His mother is happy, and my in-laws have forgiven what Jalia and I did to Symone. I knew I wasn't getting her back, so I tried to do the right thing for my son, EJ.

Damn, I miss her.

Everything about Symone is perfect for me. I really messed up a great thing thinking with my dick and I regret it till this day.

I just wish I could see her again or at least hear her voice. I need to tell her I'm sorry for what I've done and I hope she can forgive me.

"Are you okay, babe?"

Jalia's voice is irritating. I'm trying my best to play it cool and not spoil the day for her.

"I'm fine."

She kissed my cheek, and I cringed inside.

"Evan, let's go dance."

I gave Jalia a nod while my heart ached for the woman I truly love.

Symone, I pray I see you again.

***

It was 11:48 p.m., and I was tired of sulking. I took a shower, then sat at my vanity desk in my dressing room.

All the things that happen, I let take over my thoughts. I decided to go for a ride to get some fresh air and different scenery.

I dressed in all black...leggings, v-neck shirt, ankle boots, and a black hoodie. After my hair was put into a ponytail, I was ready to go.

I got in my car feeling better about my little road trip. When I first got my license as a teen, I would take long drives to clear my head and enjoy the wind blowing in my face.

I giggled at the memory of me singing at the top of my lungs to my favorite soul music classics.

My aux cord was plugged in, and I got my soul and 90's R&B playlist ready. I smiled with nervous energy and excitement.

I pulled out my driveway and drove to the highway. It was late, so there should be nothing but open roads and night skies.

My car drove onto the roads while I pressed play. The first song comes on, and I giggle.

🎵 I wanna freek you. I wanna freek you. I wanna freek you.

I roll down my window and let the music take over my mind. The night skies and trees on both sides made me feel like I was in another world.

My breaths were slow as I took in the breeze from the open windows. On my right, there was a building with the word Thirst in neon red letters.

There were a few motorcycles and vehicles parked out front. I could use a drink, so I pulled into the dirt parking lot.

I looked around while my car was still running. The banner on the front said Grand Opening. I parked but still was leary about getting out.

"Symone, stop being a wussy."