31

You and Dolores stood in your office early the next morning. It was almost time for Gary to show, and you were going over a few things just to make sure everything went alright. It was mostly just reminders to remain professional, and to rely on Dolores if you weren't sure about something. Hence why she was there to begin with. Finally, the time arrived, and Gray was a no-show. Ten minutes passed. Then twenty. It wasn't until an hour after your scheduled meeting did Gary walk in the door, looking just as impressive as he did the previous day.

He perked up a little when he realized HR was there. He was probably hoping that Dolores would force you to let him keep his job. A part of you really pitied the delusional manchild, but another, larger part just wanted his gross ass gone. He was in no way, shape or form a good fit for the Head Technician job. You doubted he'd be fit for any job in the Parts and Service department. The two of you watched as he turned his office chair around, and sat in it, facing you.

"You're late, Mr. Stuart." you said in your most neutral tone.

"No, I'm not. We start at 7:00." he argued, sounding a little smug with HR standing next to you. You resisted the urge to smirk. He truly didn't understand just how in the wrong he was.

"Clock-in time is 6:00. You've been working here for years now, you should know this." you said, again keeping your tone neutral. He shrugged, as if the subject of when his shift started was unimportant.

"Oh, well. We all make mistakes. So, anyways, I've been thinking about how poorly you treated me yesterday-"

"Mr. Stuart, I didn't treat you poorly at all. I came in, informed you about me being the new Head Mechanic, and then you started begging me to keep your job." You forced yourself to stay calm. This motherfucker was really trying to play the victim card.

"You forced me to beg on my knees!" He started to sound angry.

"Mr. Stuart, this is a professional setting, I must ask you to keep your voice down." Dolores spoke, and Gary had the audacity to look shocked at being lightly scolded.

"As I recall, you got on your knees of your own volition. I had to tell you to stand up." You succeeded in hiding your smirk, but only barely.

"And then you told me to leave. Quite rudely, might I add." He crossed his arms, and pouted like the child he was.

"I told you to go home so we could talk about your continual employment properly, which brings us to now. Mr. Stewart, can you tell me, in your own words, why you should keep your job?" You brought the subject back to where it was supposed to be. He started to look nervous.

"I don't even get an apology for being spoken to so rudely?!" He raised his voice again.

"Mr. Stewart, I already asked you to lower your voice, please do not do so again. As for rude behavior: did she make fun of or make any derogatory comments about you?" Dolores asked, and Gary looked at you with what could only be described as a shit-eating grin.

He then proceeded to tell a very botched version of yesterday where you were an evil bitch, and he was an innocent lamb you were trying to slaughter. He even went as far as to try and force himself to cry. By the end of it, he did his best to look like a blubbering baby who did no wrong. It took all your will power to remain professional in the face of such childishness, but you managed by the skin of your teeth.

"I see. If what you are saying is true-"

"Oh, it's very true. I've been traumatized by our horrible new Head Mechanic." he interrupted Dolores, not hiding his pompous expression all that well.

"Hmmm. (Y/N), is what he just said true in any way?" Dolores asked.

"No. I stand by what I said earlier. I walked in, informed him that I was the new Head Mechanic, he then started to beg me to keep his job, in which I told him to go home so we could discuss this today. That was the end of it." You said, keeping yourself calm as you explained yesterday's interaction in a truthful light. Gary still looked like he had the upper hand.