4. Magic Bullet

I watched as Derek dipped his fingers into the Alpha's blood and looked around before spotting it climbing up a building.

We both took off, jumping over the fence with ease. We didn't need to nod or make sure the other was following. We just knew.

I heard Kate close her car door and knew we needed to work fast.

We kept good pace with one another, not taking our eyes off of the hulking beast. Derek jumped up and climbed to the roof quickly, me following behind. We perched on a pointed room before leaping off and almost landing, with me landing and Derek being shot out of the sky. He fell to a lower rooftop and grabbed his arm in pain, causing him to roll onto another rooftop.

"Derek!" I whisper frantically, knowing he could hear me.

"Don't worry about me." He grunted. "Go, you'll lose him."

I look back to see the Alpha almost tauntingly waiting there for us to catch but realizes that we won't and disappeared behind another rooftop.

"I already have." I say, defeated, as I jump down to where Derek was, helping him with his wound. He coughed as grunted as I helped him to his feet, slightly struggling with him because of his weight, but helped him nonetheless.

That's when the scent hit my nose. Scott. I silently panicked as I didn't want him to know yet. Derek must have smelled my panic.

"Calm down. You have the werewolf blocker on. He won't he be able to tell." He said between pants and grunts. I just nod.

"Let's get you out of here." I say, starting to half help half drag him to a nearby alleyway as I heard the Argent's conversation. It was hollow and echoy, but I heard it nonetheless.

"Get in."

"Not even a "Hello, nice to see you"?" Kate asks, scoffing.

"All I've got at the moment is, "Please put the assault rifle away before someone notices." Cris snapped back. Kate scoffs again.

"That's the brother I love. Chris, there are 3 of them." I tensed at that.

"The Alpha?"

"I don't know, but one of them tried to kill me."

"One of them is gonna lead us to the other. He can't do that if he's dead."

"Well, I can help kill either of them if one of them kills me first." Kate defended. There was a pause.

"How long will it take?" Chris asked.

"I'd give him 48 hours. " Kate stated. "If that."

I then heard the engine of the cars reve up and the cars drive away.

I set Derek down, leaning up against a wall as he pulled up his sleeve. The wound was already bleeding badly as the wolfsbane bullet glowed a purplish-blue in the center of it.

"Wolfsbane." I whisper, looking him in the eye, but he has already passed out. "Damnit."

☆{~~~}☆

"If Derek isn't the Alpha, if he's not the one that bit you who did?" Stiles asks Scott as we sit in class waiting for our test papers to be handed back to us.

"I don't know." Scott admits.

Stiles rolled back in his chair, exasperated expression plastered on his face.

"Did the Alpha kill the bus driver?" He asks again.

"I don't know." Scott admits again, defeated. Stiles sits back in his chair angrily before leaning close again.