a controversial rise

Hotaru wasn't exactly pleased with the results of last week's match. He played a great game, yet he came up short. Eliminated second and therefore, second to last place, he came.

To add insult to injury, it happened off camera. His elimination happened while the spotlight shone on the scuffle between Kazuchiki Okada and Kotai. This wasn't good by any means. He had promised a great career, but his losses outweighed his wins. And his matches didn't get him the attention he had hoped for.

He wasn't like certain superstars, gifted with supernatural elevation and instinct. He had no place starting off with seeking out the Shinka Taitan. Much less, the magic relic known as the Kami Shinka. Not yet anyway.

He belonged in professional wrestling. Nothing more, nothing less. But with the way he'd been projected to be in the fighting division of the Shinka Taitan, this was certainly a bullet to the kneecap of his momentum.

The only way left to get over, was to be controversial. Got it. Get in the ring with one of the best in the sport. Win against the best. But don't just win. it wasn't just about winning. It's about getting the people to talk about your win. It's about making some fans happy while making others angry. After all, every win should spark a debate.

First things first, he needed to secure his opponent. Well, getting yourself hooked on this show is easy, if you can set it up right. And so, he e went the one place where he knew to go. The GM office.

My office.

"What can I do for you today, Mr Hotaru Baburu."

The conversation was short, sweet and meaningful. Hotaru was now booked in tonight's main event, in a championship contender's match against Roman Reigns.

And all he had to do, was follow suit until the bell rings. After all, it's scripted.... right?