04. Duets

"You have pretty eyes, too."

"All right, let's, uh, let's gather around

"All right, let's, uh, let's gather around." Mr Shue began, walking into the choir room. "Sorry I'm late, guys. I was with Principal Figgins. Bad news, guys. Puckerman's in juvie."

"It really was just a matter of time." Tina exclaimed

"What did he do?" Quin said, turning to his sister

"He drove our mom's Volvo through the front of a convenience store and drove off with the ATM." Maggie said, head in her hands.

"And when is he getting out?" Rachel asked, as Maggie shrugged

"Unknown." Mr Shue added.

"He might be the dumbest person on this planet, and that's coming from me." Brittany laughed

"Guys!" Mr Shue scolded "Let's have some sympathy."

"For a guy who put his needs before the team's?" Finn asked "We need his voice and his bad-boy stage presence."

"We can't look at this as a crisis." Mr Shue told him "It's an opportunity."

"For what? Further embarrassment and humiliation?" Quinn asked

"For welcoming our new member... Sam Evans!" He pointed to the door of the choir room, as the tall blonde boy jogged in.

Maggie's eye widened, as she straightened up in her seat.

"Hey, everybody. I'm Sam." He started "Sam, I am. ... And I don't like green eggs and ham." He said, looking straight at Maggie.

She let out a giggle, remembering when they first met. Her laughter gained her some looks, as the rest of the club looked at her.

"What, It was funny." She whispered to Finn infront of her, as he shook his head

"Oh, wow. He has no game." Santana added

"Okay! This is gonna be great." Finn exclaimed, standing up You're not going to regret joining, Sam.

"Oh, good." He replied, relieved

"Sam, you sit right here." He pointed to the seat beside Maggie, in the middle row.

"Hi!" Maggie whispered excitedly to the boy "You didn't tell me you were joining."

"Wanted it to be a surprise." Sam replied, smiling, before turning his attention to the front of the room

"All right! Question for the group. What's a duet?" Mr Shue asked

"A blanket." Brittany blurted

"Close, Britt, that's a duvet." Maggie told her with a soft smile

"A duet is when two voices join to become one. Great duets are like a great marriage. The singers complement each other, push each other to be better. So, this week I want you to pair up and sing a duet. And, since you guys all seemed to love our little 'Defying Gravity' diva-off, I'm making this a competition."