chapter 27

The "P.S" part had been roughly and quickly erased from the wrinkled notebook paper. You started to panic the second you finished reading the note. Fuck fuck fuck. They know we're here. How the hell do they know we're here?

You paused. The girl at the front desk. You crumpled the note in your hands. That bitch! She had sold you out. How was she working with the Vees? Surely they must have paid her for info or something. But how could they even guess this was the inn you would stop at?

You held your face in your hands. They'd been following you. Literally. They must have been driving behind you this entire time. But when did it start? You and Alastor had managed to flee from them earlier, so how would they have had time to catch up?

Caden's house. Of fucking course. Your little pit stop at your ex's house to kill him gave them enough time to track you down and follow you out to this inn. Were they working with the cops? How else did they managed to keep such a close eye on you that they had caught up with time as it had escaped them earlier?

You shook your head, your eyes finding the slightly ajar bathroom door. Alastor must've already read the note. He seemed so careless about it, if anything, he seemed thrilled — your shoulder sunk in mild relief. If Alastor wasn't worried, you shouldn't be either, right?

Just then, you head the water shut off and watched as Alastor stepped out of the bathroom. His oval spectacles were not on his face, but instead in his hands as he cleaned the steam off them with his towel.

He then put them on his face, and you allowed yourself to ogle his body, covered by the white towel tied loosely around his hips. He was, like you observed before, covered in all kinds of self-inflicted scars. He was lean but muscular, very tall and slim yet somewhat wide. He was perfect. His hair was wet and messy and cascaded over his face, framing his features.

Then, the towel slipped off his hips, and you caught a glimpse of his...

"Holy fuck, Alastor!!" you cursed in surprise, your face flushed red. Oh my God, why was it so...?

He chuckled, the sound reverberating lowly in his chest. "I have to change, my dear, and the temperature is much to high in the restroom for me to do it comfortably."

"F-Fine! Whatever- Just... hurry up!" you stumbled over your words, your face so hot you could cook food on it.

You heard clothes rustle behind you as Alastor threw his clothes on. It took a minute or two before he was done.

"You can turn around now," he said a little blankly.

"Are you lying?" you said cautiously, still blushing hard from seeing his cock even though it was merely a glimpse.

"No, my love," he chuckled. "I'm not. You may look."

You exhaled, slowly turning your head and full expecting him to be completely naked. He was not, however, much to your relief, and you relaxed into yourself.

"Did you see the note?" you decided to bring up as Alastor sauntered over to the bed to stand over you. You were sitting on the bed with your legs crossed, hands in the space your legs made in the middle.

"Mm," was all he said, which you assumed was an acknowledgment of "yes." His eyes were set upon you lowly.

"What do you think?" you asked, expecting a little more out of him.

"Don't worry," Alastor cooed. "That's what I think. There's nothing to be fearful of, little fawn." Then, his signature grin creeped upon his lips. "You're safe with me."

You looked away in embarrassment. "I can handle myself. Vox won't take me. I'll make sure of that."

"He won't," confirmed Alastor, laying a hand on his hip and his eyelids getting even heavier.

"I won't let him hurt you, you know," you said, having to force the words out, even though you meant them. You looked up at Alastor with confidence in your eyes, though you were bashful to say what you mean. You hated Alastor, yes, but you wanted him to trust you. If he did, it would be easier to use him later. "I'll kill the Vees before they touch you, Alastor."

Alastor grinned maniacally, trapping you with one long arm beside your hip, leaning forward and cupping your cheek with his other hand. His hand fell down on your cheek slightly, his touch making you shiver. His warm breath fanned your face — mint and pine and blood, like always.

"I know you will, darling."

"And for me?" you said, brows furrowed in determination.

"I'll dismember Vox while he's still conscious so he can enjoy the feeling of each singular nerve and blood vessel being severed and disconnected," said Alastor softly, looking at you with endearment. "And that stupid moth slut?—" Alastor chuckled darkly, "—I'll cut off his short dick and feed it to him so he knows was it's like to have a little cock in his mouth."

You smirked, although you were a little disturbed, and leaned back in your hands, looking up deviously at Alastor. "I like the way you think, Radio Demon."

"And you, Miss Hell en Pointe."