Party

Takes place 7 years after Breath of the Wild. Zelda and Link are setting up decorations for Purah's birthday party a day early and find something in the shed...
Themes: Sad, head canon, comfort, loss, remembrance.

~

Hateno town had been particularly busy that day. All of the students were either crafting gifts or helping Symin with a surprise. Of course the entirety of the town wasn't involved, just the kids, Josha, Symin, and Link and Zelda. But it would all be worth it for Hateno's one and only ancient tech lab's director. No one really knew how old she was turning, after all it was rather difficult to keep up with her de-aging and then reversing the ruins. But she was probably 120 years!...Maybe! It's the thought that counts.

Since Link and Zelda had a large yard and a cooking pot -which Link was very proficient with- it was decided by Symin and Zelda that the princess and her husband would host the surprise. They were excited to see Purah's shocked face! The games and cake had already been decided a week beforehand and now all they had to do was decorate with streamers and such. It was the birthday eve which did leave them with some leisure room to take their time making sure its just right. Purah would probably get drunk and ruin something throughout the party, but as the saying goes first impressions matter the most. And even though Link didn't really have an... artistic eye, everything was sure to be made with love and kindness, and everything deserves for Purah on her birthday -especially after everything she's done for Hyrule and Link and Zelda.

After the school day had ended Zelda left Symin to help the students with their gifts, after all it wouldn't be responsible to leave young children with sharp objects, or anything else harmful, and scissors most definitely a need for cut out cards in the shapes of stars, hearts, and the more talented kids could try making guardians, how fun. As Zelda left and made her way across town -checking the angle of the sun, it was 2 hours after noon- she was able to talk to a few ladies washing laundry and even picked up milk for the cake. She always thought that the Hudson construction houses were cute, a bit odd yet still had a charm. But across the bridge was her home, their home.

Nothing could beat its rustic charm and home feel. It was worn down but Link always found a way for repairs, making sure it was loved almost as much as he loved her. After Link freed her, and she sealed the calamity, it was all to her surprise that he had a house, yet he always told her that it always felt empty and cold, all until she was there. Just the thought alone of making a place enjoyable for someone warmed Zelda's heart.

She crossed the small bridge and saw her Link at the cooking pot. She excitedly waved and ran over to him almost tackling him to the ground before he could even get a 'Hello' out. Unfortunately whatever was cooking got burned but that didn't matter. Zelda kissed him on the cheek and Link gave tenfold more all over her face. It is really incredible how strong their love is.

"I can't even say 'welcome home', can I?" Link teased with a smile as their foreheads and noses rested against each other. "The sugar is definitely burned now, love." He was the opposite of angry, whatever would have been frustrating could be turned into
something fun and laughable if Zelda was there. She turned her head to the pot and saw the black sticky and crusty mess.

"Oh dear, it's not supposed to do that," Link gave a simple smile as he shook he head. He explained to her his plans of making caramel which got foiled, but he could try again. For some reason Paya had given them an ungodly amount of cane sugar, so they had to put it to good use. As Link scraped out the pan and restarted his progress Zelda began to talk to him and tell him all about her day and what they were teaching -constellations, and mythological stories of most of the stars.