(49) No Russian Vodka

"I know it's not my fault, but sometimes it feels like I did this."

-Lizzie McAlpine

TW: Darkish thoughts

"Teach the Jedi his place." The Queen orders Anakin. I watch, wordlessly as she extends a Zygerrian whip towards my husband, her face filled with malice. Stupid stupid Obi-Wan. I glance towards the master who is currently bound on the pedestal in the arena below. My heart rate begins to pick up and my palms begin to sweat, the pills were wearing off leaving behind anxiety.

Anakin walks off before I can stop him, leaving me alone in the room with the queen. I watch as he goes, trying my best not to call out for him. I didn't want to be left alone with these people, I wanted to go home. And I wanted a drink.

"I must admit, your master has much talent." The Queen muses from in front of me. She's facing the arena, her back to me, "Perhaps I shall let him court me when we are through."

My stomach churns at her words and a disgusted face pulls at my features, "What makes you think that he wants you?"

The guards around us tense and I see multiple hands reach for their weapons. I scoff, annoyance rising inside of me as the queen turns, her expression amused, "A shame, you would have been the perfect slave if not for your mouth."

The perfect slave? My annoyance turns to anger, but just before I can retort, the crowd cheers rise as Anakin walks out onto the arena. The queen turns away from me, walking to the railing and bracing herself against it, "Prove to me you are a slaver." She challenges, "Swing that whip or die beside him."

R2 rolls up next to me, beeping softly from my side, it seems our plans have just been fast tracked. It also seems the Queen is not a dumb as she looks. Anakin's gaze catches mine and a silent understanding passes between us, we don't even have to use the bond.

"You leave me with no choice, highness." Anakin turns the whip on, mockingly bowing to the queen before saluting R2. The gesture makes me want to laugh, but I have no time as R2 launches the sabers into the air. I watch as they arc through the arena, landing gracefully in Anakin's hand. The crowd screams as the Queen commands her guards.

My time to shine. I grab the nearest male's arm, flipping him over before facing the other guards. R2 launches one of my sabers and I turn it on, deflecting a bullet aimed towards the back of my head.

"It seems your slave empire is finished." I turn towards the queen, extending the golden saber towards her before adding, "Again." I smirk at the queen's face, advancing towards her as she takes a few steps back.

"Get that thing out of my face you little skug." The queen hisses, I make no such move, driving her back until she is sitting upon her throne, a warning goes off in my head and before I can figure out what it is, the queen hits a button, causing the collar around my throat to spark my entire body with electricity. I convulse as pain shoots through my nerves, causing me to crumble to the ground, my lightsaber rolling away.

"Fuck." I groan, trying to move my limbs to no avail. The queen chuckles, standing over me, this time, she is smirking.

"The famed golden saberess." She muses, picking up my lightsaber, "I expected more of the Leora Gallows."

"Take this collar off and your expectations can be reached." The queen chuckles, clucking her tongue.

"I don't think so." Before I can say or do anything else, the queen hits the button on her chair once more and I am sent into oblivion.

...

"The queen has promised you to me once the other Jedi is tamed." The male, who I have come to know as Atai, is currently taunting me from above my handing cage. I pay him no mind, focusing on my meditation before me. Holding my hand out, I use the force to lightly push him over the edge, just enough so he can catch himself, but far enough so it scares him.