Attack On Base Part 2

Denki usually dreamed about his family, Kyoka playing her guitar for little Denji, singing for him. Sometimes he just dreamed about holding his baby again. He was so homesick, he considered quitting hero work when he got home. He was dreaming about feeding Denji a bottle, he usually wouldn't take them from him, he only ever wanted Kyoka, but in his dream, he was hungry enough to take it from him. He woke up to the sound of crying, huh, he stood up with a groan.

    "Allright little guy, calm down, daddy's comin'." he got to the crib with a huff, it was weird that Kyoka hadn't gotten to him first, she must have been tired. He shrugged, he could take the night shift now and again. He leaned into his son's crib, taking him into his arms, before hearing Mina Ashido scream, he felt sharp pains in his face and his stomach and his arms as his ears began to ring. He collapsed to his knees as he remembered where he was, at least Kyoka and Denji were far away from here, because this was hell. He looked at Mina, she had cuts on her face, arms and abdomen. He tried to stand up to get her help, but he cried in pain, collapsing down again.

    "I'm sorry Mina! I'm so sorry! I just-
    "I get it, I heard you call the bomb a hungry little guy, you're a good dad, of course she would use your kid to hurt you."

    He sighed "But your face is all sliced up!"

    Mina sighed "Still fabulous though."

    Denki smiled weakly "Sure."

****

Deku looked at Ochaco with a sigh, she should be in their house, he should be worried about things like her lifting too much, stressing too much about which color to paint the nursery, not zombies poisoning her and her giving birth in a bunker assisted primarily by a teenager. She looked at him and smiled weakly.

    "I'm going to check on Kaminari." she murmured, "you said you were going to see Ashido?"

    Deku shook his head "you aren't leaving my side. We'll check on both of them together. We can be more efficient if we split up."

    "If we split up they can use us against each other again, and we won't be able to help anyone." Deku was trembling, he couldn't do anything if he didn't know Ochaco was okay. He looked at her with a sigh, "Ashido is closest." He grabbed her hand and led her towards Mina's room, he sighed she really wasn't in there.

    Ochaco frowned "Where would she have gone?"

    Deku sighed, "We'll find her, she's probably just bunking with someone else tonight, she doesn't like being alone. We'll find her."

    Ochaco nodded, but it didn't sit right with her, she put her hands in her pockets, Deku kissed her head, wrapping an arm around her hip as he lead her to the next room, he opened the door with a frown, watching Ochaco run towards them, Mina was holding Denki in her arms he was bleeding.

    "What happened?" Deku asked, as Ochaco ran to them, kneeling down beside them, he loved how eager she was to help, but he wished she would hesitate before running into situations that could be traps. They didn't know if that was the real Denki.

    "What happened?" She murmured

    "I saw Denji's crib, he was crying so I got up to check on him, I took him out of his crib and he just sort of exploded."

    Ochaco frowned "What?"

    "I was still half asleep! I heard my kid crying so I went to check. I didn't realize I was holding a makeshift bomb until I was full of broken glass!"

    Ochaco frowned, looking at Mina, "Did it get you too?"

    Mina sighed "I'm fine." She replied, but Deku could see some bleeding from beneath her eyes.