chapter vi. | one eyed terror

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗
CHAPTER SIX
one eyed terror
╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

* ˎˊ- ═══╝

*.·:·.⟐.·:·.*

THE COLD AIR had Dorothy praying that Josephine packed a jacket for her, and it was like her prayers were answered. Dorothy's favorite jacket was pulled out of her bag. Whether Josephine knew it was her favorite when she packed it, or if it was just the only jacket that would be good for a broad amount of different climates, Dorothy didn't care and she quickly put it on, a shiver of warmth had her settling in her seat.

"You were amazing, Piper," Jason told the girl in front of Dorothy.

"You really were, you saved our asses so many times tonight," Dorothy smiled brightly, "whatever that charm speak thing is, it's mighty useful."

Piper had a troubled look on her face, she tried sending an appreciative smile to the two of them, but something was seriously weighing on her. Dorothy knew that she probably didn't want to talk about it but she couldn't help herself. She leaned forward to get closer to Piper's ear.

"Are you alright?" Dorothy asked, pulling Piper's attention to her, "You look like something is on your mind, and it's troubling you."

"Si vous saviez la vérité sur moi, vous ne penseriez pas que j'étais si incroyable," Piper spoke, making Dorothy tilt her head in confusion.

"What'd you say?" Jason asked.

"I said I only talked to Boreas. It wasn't so amazing." Piper didn't look at either Dorothy or Jason, making her squint her eyes. She wasn't being honest about something.

"Hey," Jason said, "you saved us from joining Khione's subzero hero collection. I owe you one."

"We both do," Dorothy said.

Piper didn't say anything after that, guilt seemed to cross her face but Dorothy knew that when the time came, Piper would eventually have to say something. They just needed a minute to relax and start a game plan for how they're going to track down and capture these winds.

Leo passed them some sandwiches from his pack. He'd been quiet ever since they'd told him what happened in the throne room. "I still can't believe Khione," he finally said. "She looked so nice."

"Trust me, man," Jason said. "Snow may be pretty, but up close it's cold and nasty. We'll find you a better prom date."

"What's prom?" Dorothy asked, making Leo gasp as he looked back at Dorothy who was now chewing on the sandwich, it was good and she realized that she hadn't eaten all day, it wasn't anything she wasn't used to.

"What were you doing all day back then?" Leo asked.

"Well when it wasn't camp chores with Jon—" she cut herself off from saying his full name, distaste roiling in her gut at the thought of that traitor, "I was scouting out stages and trains with expensive cargo, maybe hunt down a bounty or two if the local town didn't know me, and if the bounty wasn't something I couldn't handle alone."