V. THIRD YEAR

Hogwarts is shown as a dementor flies over a field of flowers, making all the flowers freeze and fade away. The scene then changes to a wardrobe, which jolts slightly sideways.

"Boggart." Remus states. Lily and Regulus nod in agreement.

Remus: Intriguing, isn't it? Would anyone like to venture a guess as to what is inside?

Dean: That's a boggart, that is.

Remus: Very good, Mr. Thomas. Now, can anyone tell me what a boggart looks like?

Hermione: No one knows.

"Merlin!" Ron yelps. Hermione laughs and Nova soon joins her.

Ron jumps and looks at Hermione with wide eyes before looking at Harry.

Ron: When did she get here?!

Harry shrugs and Nova discreetly smirks.

"I love how nothing gets past her, like ever." Bellatrix says. Narcissa nods in agreement.

Hermione: Boggarts are shape shifters, they take shape of whatever a particular person fears the most. That's what makes them so . . .

Remus: So terrifying. Yes. Luckily, a very simple charm exists to repel a boggart. Let's practice now. Uh, without wands, please. After me. . . Riddikulus!

Class: Riddikulus!

Remus: Very good. A little louder and very clear. Listen. . . Riddikulus!

Class: Riddikulus!

Draco: This class is ridiculous.

"Actually, you're ridiculous." James says.

Nova turns to him, glaring. He jumps back as he sees the familiar emerald green flash.

"Haha!" James points at Draco.

Remus: Very good! Well, so much for the easy part. You see, the incantation alone is not enough. . .What really finishes a boggart is laughter. You need to force it to assume a shape you find truly amusing. Let me explain.

Remus looks around the room and as his eyes meet Nova's, he smiles. She smiles back, but it's not in a romantic way, Merlin no, it's in a fatherly way.

"Aww."

Finally, his eyes find Neville and he smiles.

Remus: Neville. Will you join me, please? Come on. Don't be shy. Come on. Come on. Hello. Neville, what frightens you most of all?

Neville mumbles an answer.

Remus: Sorry?

Neville: P-professor Snape.

Everyone laughs, including Neville and Snape.

Everyone freezes and slowly turns to look at Snape.

"You laugh?!"

Remus leans back and smirks slightly.

Remus: Professor Snape. Yes, frightens us all.

Remus: And I believe you live with your grandmother?

Neville: Yes, but I don't want it to turn into her either.

"I don't blame you." Frank shivers.

Remus: It won't. I want you to picture her clothes--only her clothes--very clearly in your mind.