Goodbye|5|

The late Queen Aemma's and Prince Baelon's bodies lay on a pyre, waiting to be burned. As per Targaryen tradition, many servants, knights, lords, and ladies stood on the hill to pay their respects to the late queen and her baby.

Rhaenyra stood In front of everyone, eyes and noses red from crying and the coldness she was enduring as she stared at her mothers wrapped up bodies, she looked towards her father, seeing him looking conflicted but not really effected by his wife's death, angering her. She lost her mother; he just lost his wife, queen, and son, yet there he stood, looking bored.

Lilly stood next to her sister and father before walking to the princess, seeing her hesitation and anger. "What is going on inside your head?" she asked.

"He looks as if he doesn't care they are dead; he looks bored that my mother, his wife, is dead." Rhaenyra replied, glaring at him.

"Perhaps he does not want to show his grievances to his people; he is king; maybe he doesn't want to appear weak," Lilly said, trying to calm her friend.

"You always see the good in people, Lilly, yet my father, I thought he loved her and cared for her, but he is the reason for her death and abandonment. He is the reason my brother, his son, is dead, and you have no right to try and defend him." Rhaenyra spat out in anger; she didn't mean to push onto the younger girl.

"I am sorry. I did not mean to upset you more." Lilly said, looking at the ground, as she felt her throat tighten, but she would happily take her friend's anger if it meant her feeling better.

She witnessed her father's grief more than her older siblings, who stuck together. She watched her mother take her last breath when she was only nine. Her mother's last words to her were to take care of their family. She watched her father hold her mother's dead body to his chest as he cried and begged for her to come back to her.

"There's waiting for you," Daemon said softly, walking up to the two girls and seeing Lilly, the girl he cared for as a daughter, hold in her tears. She was quite a sensitive girl, so he brought her into a tight hug.

"Dr--" Rhaenyra began to say as Syrax growled from the top of the hill. She looked at her father, then took a deep breath when she nodded.

"Dracarys": Rhaenyra demanded Syrax make the dragon blow dragon fire on the late queen and late prince.

-------------------------------------

A council meeting was called, making the king confused about what could be so important at such a time.

All stood and bowed as Viserys walked into the small council room, making his way to his seat at the head of the table, a marble being placed in its spot for him to speak.

"Where's Rhaenyra?" The king questioned him as he looked around.

"Your grace, this is the last thing any of us wish to discuss at this dark hour, but I consider the matter urgent," Otto said, looking uncomfortable even though he didn't feel the emotion he was portraying.

"What matter?" Visery asked, puzzled.

"That of your succession, "Otto told him as though it were obvious. "These recent tragedies have left you without an obvious heir," he continued.

Viserys shook his head, appalled that this was being talked about now.

"The king has an heir, my lord hand," Lord Coryls said, rolling his eyes as he poured himself some wine, noting the look of disbelief on the king's face.

"Despite how difficult this time is, Your Grace, I feel it is important that the succession be firmly in place for the stability of the realm," Otto said, shaking his head and not agreeing with Daemon being the heir.