45. Everything Back to its Place

"What is the meaning of this... Eiji, you just killed..." Blade looked away, gritting his teeth as his hands were trembling out of madness.

Was Eiji in a secret alliance with the darkness beasts? Since when? For how long was he... planning that?

"Yes, I have" Eiji's face was calm, like his eyes haven't seen the life of one of his brothers being taken by his own katana. The Crown Prince looked cold.... As cold as the Emperor in one of his bloody battles or Blade even... before he met Dan Heng.

It was kinda hilarious, the most calm of the brothers was indeed the one who put an end to Haru's Tyranny.

"You said to kill every witness, what are we supposed to do now?" Ithil laughed on his throne, leaving a glance to Evias and Fenir still on the ground, hugging the others. They were both exhausted and hurt.

Eiji looked at Ithil with a disgusted stare "We? Our deal is done, do not talk to me as I am your equal, Master of Vampires" he sounded serious. Ithil licked his own lips, amused by his tone.

"Oh, indeed. Indeed, should I bring some gifts to their marriages though? Vampires have officially their own territory after so.... so long" his red eyes glowed excited and his smile looked insane, terrifying "I am sure we must make sure to... give our part to keep our new alliance, am I right?" he sang playfully

Blade opened up his eyes "What?! Did you just sell Haru's territory to the vampires?! This is non-sense! Eiji!" he shouted as he drew his katana, but Eiji quickly turned towards him, with such a serious stare that made him grit his teeth. Somehow he was feeling Eiji's aura as close as the Emperor's one... The typical stare that does not want anyone against his decision.

"You're speaking to the Crown Prince" he did remind him as he drew his katana against him "It was the price to assassinate Haru and make sure to free his territory. With you out of the race, only Haru was threating my position" Eiji tilted his head with a smirk "Blade, do you think I was just waiting for one of my brothers to kill me? Sooner or later me or him would have died. I simply played my card well and ended up the winner." he explained, making Blade look away, feeling like he has been fooled for all this time.

He was weak.

He's always... been weak. Since when was he acting?

For how long was he secretely planning his defense, his attack towards whoever wanted to steal his title..?

Was Blade meant to die just like Haru in his plans since the start?

If it wasn't for Dan Heng's chaotic arrival in his life... Was he meant to fail his revenge since the start? Was he meant to be found just like Haru... In his manor, surrounded, covered by his and his soldiers' blood... with no witness?

"I have always liked you, Blade, you know" Eiji commented, getting Blade's attentions back "I know you didn't want my title to actually be the Emperor but to kill Haru's mother" he pointed the katana towards the fallen Prince's body "Now she has no importance in the harem, the Emperor will throw her out, she will be killed by some maids or even the other Prince's mothers anyway if you do not seek for that anymore" he smiled gently "Sounds like an Happily ever After to me, isn't it?"

Blade looked at Ithil and shook his head "I don't... care anymore about all that!" he shouted "The Emperor won't ever accept... Vampires dominating one of our territories.... This is... a foolish idea"

Ithils rolled his eyes "If the Prince or those two tell you have killed Prince Haru, the Emperor might close an eye but the whole country will see you as a traitor, your Highness" he played around and Evias locked his blue eyes on him

"He's trying... to put them against each others" Evias whispered madly to then flinch as Fenir was panting and holding him tight "Fenir?" he felt his eyes tired, but he could see all Haru's wounds in Fenir's body. He was bleeding a lot "We... we gotta get out of here"