1♥/ A Fateful Encounter

This is bad.  

You thought as you nervously walked down the long corridor towards the Suit Chamber of the palace.

What are these idiots trying to do? Do they actually believe they stand a chance?

You suddenly spot a familiar face sitting on the floor, under a window, alongside a teenage boy wearing a straw hat and..a toy?

I swear to god, this day just gets weirder and weirder.

«Aunt Viola? What are you...» 

«Shhh-come here»

«Care to explain?» You lower yourself to the ground and crawl closer to them as quietly as possible.

«We have a plan. We can finally take him down. This is the captain of the Straw Hat pirates. His crew and allies will help us» 

«I am Luffy! I am the man who will become the King of the Pirates!»

He turns towards you with a wide smile while you stare at the situation in disbelief. The toy soldier just looks over, but doesn't utter a word.

Great, pirates and toys. If I had any doubts that this was going to be a shitshow, now I was certain.

After briefly describing their operation, Viola reaches into her pocket and hands over a set of keys.

«There is a guy wearing seastone cuffs, sitting across Doffy» she points through the window. «Your grandfather is also in there. If you want to help, take the keys and, once everyone is distracted, set them free. We will do the diversion».

King Doldo is in there? Haven't seen this coward's face for years.

«If this doesn't work...the price we'll have to pay...» 

«I believe in them» she says.

Believe. How long since I believed in anything...

♥ ------------------------ ♥

«What's all this ruckus, young master?» you approach Doflamingo. 

Only Baby 5 and Buffalo are here. No Elite Officers. This is good. 

«It's just a small hindrance really.» Doflamingo replies unphazed, as his hand circles your waist.

Your gaze falls upon the man you're supposed to set free. He seems beaten, his face bruised. His hair are raven and a big heart tattoo covers his exposed chest. 

He looks briefly into your eyes with a piercing gaze, before staring back at Doflamingo. You can sense his anger...his hate. 

What surprises you though is how casually they talk to him. Like they've known each other for a while. 

Who the hell is this guy?

You feel another set of eyes peering at you from behind. You know it's king Doldo, but you don't even put the effort to turn.

«purupurupuru gatcha»

«S-Sugar has...I'm sorry, Doffy!» Trebol mumbles crying from the other side of the line.

«You're too loud, Trebol!» Buffalo exclaims.

«What happened to Sugar?» 

«P...P...Passed out! She has passed out!»

Doflamingo's smirk turns into a frown. «Hey...is this some kind of joke?»

«The servants that we've been collecting for a decade are turning back into humans!» Trebol adds sobbing.