Prologue

Prologue

It had been months since our battle with Atlas and Veda ended.

Should I really call it like that when I knew that everything was just the beginning of a bigger war?

I sighed. I looked outside of the window before I took a sip of my tea. The sky was cloudless. The birds were flying with the colorful pixies, leaving traces of their shimmers like pieces of jewelry drawn in the air. The gentle wind was kissing my cheeks as if this kingdom was in the middle of spring where everything was all about sweet scents of beautiful flowers.

From anyone's perspective, no one would expect that Sartorias just had its downfall, and until now I didn't know how our kingdom would recover.

I wiped the sudden tear on my cheek. How I wished I was powerful enough during that time and I had made a difference, but all I did was cry and beg that someone would try to save my own brother.

My life as a princess in this kingdom had always been a beautiful accessory, but I was never a weapon.

Napahawak ako sa aking leeg at muling tumulo ang luha ko.

Napayuko ako at marahas kong inihampas ang dalawang nakakuyom kong kamay sa maliit na lamesa. Narinig ko ang bahagyang paglutang at pagbagsak ng tasa at mga sulat na nagkalat doon.

I had been singing for Finn to keep his mind awake. I regularly visited Parsua Deltora to keep King Tobias's sane, but I noticed that there was something with my voice and power that I tried to hide from everyone. Akala ko ay magagawa ko iyong itago sa kanila ngunit agad akong napansin ni Lily. Siya pa ang nagsabi na kailangan ko nang pahinga. I insisted that I could still continue tending with Finn and King Tobias but told me that Queen Leticia and Claret would handle it for me.

Pinagpasyahan nina Haring Dastan at Reyna Leticia na huwag mag-anunsyo sa buong Nemetio Spiran ng tungkol kay Atlas, at karamihan din sa mga hari'y sumang-ayon doon, ngunit bigla na lang may naging misteryong manunulat ang isinilang sa kabuuan ng Nemetio Spiran na siyang naging dahilan ng ingay sa iba't ibang sulok ng bawat emperyo.

The mystery writer had been spreading news about the royalties and famous creatures in Nemetio Spiran. Madalas ay naroon sa balita si Rosh, ngunit ang siyang higit na usap-usapan ngayon ay ang pangalan ko at ni Kreios.

Marahas na nabuksan ang pinto ng aking silid, iniluwa niyon si Naha dala ang nakarolyong papel kung saan nakasulat ang na naman ang bagong balita mula sa misteryosong manunulat.

"Look!"

Marahas inihampas ni Naha ang hawak niya at ngayon ay mayroon pa iyong larawan ni Kreios at isang babaeng maharlika. Kreios was leaning on the woman as if he was whispering something interesting with her.

"If I were you, I would divorce him!" Iritableng sabi ni Naha.

Tinitigan ko lang ang larawan.

"Hindi ka ba naiinis?"

"The last issue was my picture in front of the gates of Parsua Deltora. I also had a picture sitting near Tobias's bed, and I also had a picture with him in the garden."

"But that was because you were trying to help Tobias! This idiot is not helping this woman just by whispering! Nanadya na siya Harper! He's flirting!"

Hindi rin nagtagal ay pumasok na rin sina Claret at Lily sa aking silid dala iyong kani-kanilang kopya. Inihampas din ni Lily sa lamesa iyong kopya niya habang si Claret ay nahihiyang sinalubong ang mga mata ko.

I knew it was partly my fault because I purposely annoyed him during the previous years, and I deserved this. But we had our exchange of letters, and I mentioned to him my situation.

Sand Scented Jar (Gazellian Series #9)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara