part 18 - fire on both sides

*JJ's pov*

I woke up sore as fuck. Pope had been sprawling all around the couch we slept on and I had barely few inches to myself. I got up and walked to kitchen where I found y/n on her phone and John B preparing them breakfast.

„Good morning guys." I said tiredly.
„Good morning." John B answered to me. Y/n looked at me as I sat down next to her at the table. She whispered:
„Good morning J. Have you told Pope what happened yesterday?" She didn't want her brother to hear us.
„Yes, he's freaking out." I whispered back. It's true, Pope almost went to police to report himself when I told him what Cameron told y/n yesterday. Cameron. That fucker. He's been around lately more than I like. He's always shooting looks after y/n. I feel like there's something I don't know.
„Don't worry about it tho. I have it under control." I said to her.
„Yeah I'm not so sure about that J." She said as her brother handed her a plate with eggs and bread with ham on it.
„Thank you bubs." She said to him woth smile.
„No worries. Do you want something JJ?" He asked me. Of course I did.
„Yessir."
„Then make it yourself." He said with laugh as he sat down and started to eat his own breakfast.
„You dipshit." I cursed, he flipped me off.
„Guys stop it." Y/n said to us while she rolled her eyes. I got up and made my own food. Pope then woke up and joined us.

*y/n's pov*

„So I saw that there would be an outdoor cinema tonight in town. Do we want to come?" I said as Pope finished his plate and everyone was just sitting there doing nothing.
„We don't have plans for tonight so why not." JJ said, Pope looked at him like he has gone crazy.
„I can't y/n sorry. I have to work on something tonight on one of the yachts in the harbour." My brother told me. He than got up and went probably to his room .
„Guys I don't think we should go into town since Topper knows what's up.." Pope said, he still had the massive black eye from Topper and Rafe's attack.
„No we have to show we are not guilty, we will go." JJ stated.
„But you are guilty." I told JJ.
„They don't know that." He told me.
„I think they do." Pope said.
„We're going and that's it." JJ said then and stood up.
„Does anyone want to go surf now?" He asked us. Of course we did want to go.

We took our stuff and went to beach where Kie met up with us after I texted her where are we going. The four of us surfed throught almost the whole day. JJ showed me some cool tricks to try out on the surf. I fell into the water so many times that I lost count on that but after some fails I succeed in some of them. We then just laid on a blanket on the beach and talked. I told Kie about the outdoor cinema and she agreed to go with us. She however didn't knew about what Pope and JJ did. Pope was scared and he had every reason to be, who so smart like him would do such a stupid thing? I was also worried that we will run into Topper and his group there but JJ told us to just play it cool if we do. We came there early enough to sit where we liked, I was surprised at how many people were actually there.

We sat down on one big blanket that we brought with us, I sat next to JJ, between him and Kie, Pope sat on JJ's other side. It was already getting dark so the movie could start. They started playing it and we all watched. I was wearing jean shorts and oversized hoodie, I felt comfortable but I wanted to lay down. I rested my head on JJ's shoulder and he put his arm around me. We sat like that and watched the movie for more than 30 minutes but then I heard Pope and JJ talk about something. Pope sounded super anxious.
„What's going on?" I whispered to JJ, I tried to be as silent as I could to not bother everyone around us who was still watching the movie.
„They are here." He whispered back.
„Who? Oh..." I realized who he meant. I looked around and I saw Topper, Rafe and Kelce looking right at as, they sat across the small field, few meters away.
„I need to pee." I hears Pope.
„Then hold it, you don't want to meet them." I told him silently.
„No I can't hold it anymore."
„Pope are you fucking kidding me?" I can't believe this, everyone just keeps getting dumber or what?
„Guys what's going on?" Kie asked.
„Pope needs to pee." I whispered to her. She raised her eyebrow.
„Then go?" She had no idea what Pope and JJ did to Topper, she couldn't know they were probably waiting on them to go somewhere alone. I looked over at the kooks. I cought Rafe's gaze, we looked at each other for a brief second and then we continued to talk to our friends.
„JJ come with me, I have to go." Pope begged.
„Please man." Pope begged again.
„Alright I will go with you, play it cool alright? Deny, deny, deny remember?" JJ said to Pope and they got up, I looked after them and saw as Topper and his two friends stood up as well. Oh fuck. Not today please, there just can't be one fucking day without some problem.
„Kie I have to tell you something..." I started, I explained to her what happend with Pope, JJ and Topper and that they might have be in trouble. She thought exactly the same things about it as me, it was ridiculous.