Secrets for Healthy Hair Growth

Grow long, strong hair naturally! Uncoverself-care secrets for healthy hair & ditch harsh chemicals

Grow long, strong hair naturally! Uncoverself-care secrets for healthy hair & ditch harsh chemicals. Love your hair,love yourself.

First thing's first: it can be a little graceful to begin with, too. No one hair is a carbon copy of any other, any more than fingerprints are. A miracle product for your best friend could turn your curls into straw. It's all about knowing your hair and knowing what it needs: wavy, curly or straight? Dry, oily or both? Do you need more moisture or more protein, or both? This seems pretty straightforward, like a little sleuthing work that goes far.

Listen to Your Hair's Whispers

You just have to make a little time to tune into what your tresses are trying to tell you. Even if you've been this way for a long time, DO NOT give up. If your hair puffs up lots in humidity, if the ends feel brittle after you've blow-dried or flat-ironed it, if your hair becomes very coarse when you stop coloring it, then STOP ignoring your hair's little whispers. These subtle clues are nothing other than the whispers of your natural hair texture telling you, 'Hey, I need a little extra loving now!'

Be Gentle with Your Strands

We all know the joy of a blowout, but using heat products on your hair consistently will have a negative impact, so try to minimize heat styling where possible, and if you do use heat tools, make sure you protect your hair with a heat-protectant spray. Ditch tight hairstyles that tug on your scalp, too, for looser styles that will give your hair a break.

Planting the Seeds of Nourishment for Healthy Hair Growth

Now that you've explored your hair's story, let's plant some seeds for healthy growth!

Fueling Your Hair from the Inside Out

FEED YOUR HAIR: What you put into your body, shows on the outside. Your hair is only as healthy as your diet. So, make sure you eat a variety of fruits and vegetables, whole grains and lean meats. These foods are essential for healthy hair growth. Drink plenty of water. This is your hair's best friend!

Scalp Care: The Foundation for Healthy Hair Growth

Scalp Massages: Imagine your scalp is the soil from which your hair grows from. Regularly massaging the scalp can stimulate more blood flow to the scalp growing hair. Use your fingertips, gently massaging your scalp a few minutes a day.

Soothing Shampooing is a must – it's key to getting rid of the gunk, but you don't want to wash out all of your natural oils. Washing will keep your hair and scalp healthy, clean and shiny. Try to wash only 2-3 times per week, using a light moisturizing shampoo that doesn't leave your hair dry.

Condition to Reduce static and breakage: After shampooing, use conditioner to add back moisture and keep your hair soft and manageable. When applying conditioner, it's better and quicker to apply it on the mid-lengths and ends rather than near the roots.

Embracing Natural Remedies for Hair Growth

Oils Power: Hair-growth oils, such as coconut oil, olive oil and jojoba oil, will help to nourish and condition the hair from the roots to the end, which in turn wards off dry, brittle hair that can snap off. Hair oil can also add a great sheen. Warm a bit in your palms and gently rub it into the scalp and hair. Let it sit for between 30 minutes and an hour and then wash out with shampoo.

 DO IT YOURSELF HAIR MASKS: 

Nourish your tresses with easy at-home hair masks made with ingredients in your pantry! Here's a great recipe for a hair mask to promote growth.

1 ripe avocado

1 tablespoon of honey

1 tablespoon of olive oil

Mix the avocado with the honey and olive oil to form a loose paste. Rub the mask into your hair and scalp, then cover with a shower cap and leave on for 30 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with warm water and then shampoo as normal.