Accommodations

Flare found himself standing in a small bedroom on Air Temple Island, Tenzin and Korra standing in the doorway behind him.

"Its not much, compared to what you are used too, but feel free to make yourself at home" Tenzin offered as Flare set his bag down.

"Its plenty" the teen said simply, dismissing the older air bender's statement.

Tenzin shared a brief look of confusion with Korra, who simply chuckled at the awkward state of affairs.

"He's not much for talk" Korra  remarked with a hesitant laugh.

"Well...I will let you get settled" Tenzin said before walking away, leaving Korra with Flare as he unpacked.

"I can feel you looking at me, what do you want" The teen asked bluntly

Korra crossed her arms, leaning against the door frame, a small smirk crossing her face.

"Nothing, just excited. Ive never been a teacher before" Korra said with a shrug, earning a slight glare from the teen, his lower half of his eyes flaring a soft blue glow.

"Dont get too friendly" Flare remarked, placing a few chunks of black metal on the ground, taking them from his bag.

"Im only here to learn to control my fire bending, then im going home" The teen admitted.

Korra's smirk faltered, furrowing her brow as her expression dropped.

"Well, dont say that just yet" Korra said with a slight frustrated tone.

"You might like it here. You get to see Republic City, learn new cultures-"

"Get stuck with a Vegetarian diet for the foreseeable future" Flare remarked, cutting Korra off.

Korra chuckled slightly, shaking her head as she spoke..
"Yeah im not a huge fan either"

"How about this? When we have some time to slip away, I'll take ya in town to get something a little more filling?" Korra proposed, earning pause from Flare, his attention being drawn to the window.

Flare stepped to the window as he thought, watching a pair of dove like birds in the tree just outside.

"Fine" Flare relented, his voice softening, earning a proud grin from Korra, pleased with her small victory.

"Good! I'll see you at dinner then" Korra stated as she walked away with a pep in her step.

Flare leaned against the open window, one of the small birds landing infront of him, chirping softly as it hopped up to him.

A tiny, but present smile crossed Flare's face. His orange glowing eyes dulling, albeit ever so slightly.

*To Be Continued*