Chapter 1, Aedlin.

I was right on time for work, but this time it wasn't because of my overexcited intake of wine last night with Em. It was because of my adrenaline. Work wasn't always that important that I had to go through the pain of waking up early in the morning. Well, there is a first for everything, I guess. I had a meeting with my "boss" yesterday, who after a lot of complaining, had allowed me to interview my idol, THE EMMA EVANS. The only successful woman journalist to win an award for her bravery. Emma Evans has always been a woman of mystery. Many people might have claimed that they know her, but very few realized that she never talked about herself, she was a mystery woman like the Magda painting of twisted series...

And before you ask, she was married to the former CEO of the second biggest weapon supplying company in the world, Santino Evans. And I said former because his son, Adrian Evans is the current CEO. This guy was another mystery the world tried to solve and are still trying. I always thought of interviewing him because he relates to Tony Stark in a way. Famous CEO of his dad's company, legendary dad, socialite mother, weapons company and all that. You can't blame me for referencing him, I love marvel. But I thought better not to get involved in this mystery named Adrian Evans.

I guess I should quit talking now and focus on reaching The Evans Mansion and if I waste another damn minute I might kill myself.

You know, no one has heard from her since the past few months, I guess I will be the first one to interview or hear from her after these many months.

I finally reached the mansion! The big billionaire mansion which straight came out of Vampire Diaries, the Salvatore Mansion... Ok no more TV show references. As I was about to ring the door bell, my brother called me. Great.

"Hellooo!" My brother's cheerful voice echoed from my phone once I picked it up.

"Hello my dear brother." I greeted back with annoyance in my eyes and a tight smile on my face.

"Heard you are going to interview Mrs. Evans today. You are so damn lucky!" He said with excitement in his voice.

"No birthday wishes! Thanks by the way. And yes, I was about to ring the doorbell but you my dear brother, interrupted me." I said with annoyance in my voice.

I love my brother but this was no time to call me, when he knew I had an important interview.

"You don't stop proving how annoying you are Axel. This is no time call me and you know it. See you at home. Bye. And don't call me again just to annoy me or we'll see how lucky you are."

"Snappy as always, I see sis. I have zero intentions of ruining your mood, I am just doing my job as a little brother. Well if you insist so much, I'll cut the call. See you." I roll my eyes at his reply.

He always needs to have the last word. Typical Axel. I finally ring the door bell and knock on the door for good measures but no one answers. Weird. I try the doorknob which opens up easily. Maybe, she did not hear me. And neither did her servants, a voice in my head tells me. I entered the house, I know its rude but once I opened the door, it gave me a very abnormal feeling like something inhuman happened here.

As I entered the house, I started calling for someone's presence.

"Is anyone there? Hello? Mrs. Evans?" I called out but I got silence for an answer.

There were no maids or people, the curtains were closed and the whole house was dark, no light dared to pass, weird. I dared to go upstairs and see if someone was home. I saw a room opened and the lights were on, I think Mrs. Evans is in the room. I entered the room finding no one there but everything scattered here and there. The room felt like something tragic happened here. I saw the bathroom's light flickering. I took a step forward and took a deep breath before entering.

As I entered, my breath and soul left my body. How did this happen? This is impossible. My body went numb and my mind and heart still arguing what to feel. No thought came in my mind and I stood there numb and expressionless. I guess I heard someone entering the room but I was too shocked to see who was the person.