〉 Let Me Read You 〈

Carmina found herself in a rather amusing situation, considering her usual approach to "checking someone out

Carmina found herself in a rather amusing situation, considering her usual approach to "checking someone out." Instead of drooling over the usual: dimples, smile, or well-defined muscles, she was deep into analysing his every move. His hands, for instance, seemed to have a life of their own, fitting about in what she called nervous energy. His breathing was another sign; each inhale and exhale seemed to carry a huge weight, as if he was carrying a burden too heavy for his shoulders. She noticed the slight tremble in his fingers, the way his eyes darted around the room as if searching for an escape route, and the tension that hinted at a lot of stress. At first glance, he seemed like the typical troublemaker, but after a closer inspection, Carmina had the feeling that he was more a scared and exhausted individual than a criminal mastermind.

He softly muttered "thank you" again, a bit relieved. Carmina, fully attentive to him now, perked up at the sound of his voice, recognizing that foreign accent once more. With a gentle smile and a little nod, she pointed to the sofa.
"Please, have a seat. Would you like some water?"
He blinked in surprise at her question, totally caught off guard by her kindness. Yet, without hesitation, he quickly settled onto the sofa, as if afraid she might change her mind and kick him out of the suite.
"If it won't be too much trouble" he answered politely, avoiding her gaze a little.

Carmina couldn't help it; she chuckled softly at his sudden, rabbit-like movement. She couldn't get rid of a spark of sympathy for him. After all, she knew what it was like to be constantly on edge. Maybe, just maybe, they were both just two weary souls searching for a moment of peace in a world full of chaos?
As she handed him a glass of water, her eyes lingered on him for a moment. He looked like he'd just walked off the set of a Hollywood movie, having that effortless sexiness that made heads turn. With his mesmerizing Asian features, he had this timeless appeal that just made her heart skip a beat. His hair was perfectly tousled, he had a sharp jawline, cute dimples when he smiled and his clothes? Oh damn, they screamed luxury and style. It was like he was born to wear those designer threads, and they fit him like a glove, highlighting every inch of his toned physique. Seriously, if he wasn't a model, he was definitely missing out.

The guest let out a small cough. "Umm, I'm Kang Daehyun." But instead of a smile or even a "Nice to meet you," there was just silence. So he leaned in, his eyes were locked on Carmina.
She was lost deep in her thoughts, debating whether this whole situation was a rom-com moment or just plain awkward. Should she play along and dive into the weirdness? Or should she make a run for it, hoping this wasn't the start of some cheesy plotline? Or maybe a cheesy plotline is what she needs right now?

Meanwhile, Daehyun couldn't believe his luck. Here he was, face to face with a real-life goddess. Her red hair was like a firecracker exploding with its full power, or maybe she was the firecracker herself. And those freckles? They were like little constellations scattered across her face, making him want to map them out with his fingers. He shamelessly admired her figure. In the velvety robe, still adorned with glittering silver droplets of water - from the shower or the swim - he wasn't sure, she made him feel like he'd been hit by a truck. His heart raced, and he didn't ponder like Carmina whether it was a rom-com moment; he simply felt the moment and enjoyed every second of it. Her eyes were absent, but their deep green shade was like an ocean luring him closer and closer until he would be drawn into them completely.
Unable to resist the gravitational pull, his hand shot out before he could even stop it, touching her arm, seeking her attention.