23 - epilogue ౨ৎ⋆˚。⋆

TWO YEARS LATER:

★── 𝐇𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚𝐡 𝐀𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐢 ──★

𝐓𝐇𝐄 Wembly Stadium, in London all went wild, half of the people cheering while the others were booing, it was all just a jumble of sounds. We had won yet another Champions League trophy. I stood alongside Ines not being able to process the title the team had just won, we have won many times before but still, it's a shock every time.

As the players rushed towards us, their faces alight with overjoy, I was enveloped in a whirlwind of hugs and congratulations. They huddled around us, their voices a chorus of gratitude and admiration. "We couldn't have done it without you, Hannah!" They exclaimed, their words echoing in our ears as they all held up the cup.

Their heartfelt expressions of appreciation made my heart smile, but amidst everyone concern crept into my mind. Where was Jude? As the players dispersed, my eyes scanned the crowd, searching for his familiar figure, but he was nowhere to be found.

Ines sensed that something wasn't right and placed her arm around my shoulder, her expression with my own confusion. "Hannah, where do you think Jude could be?" She asked, seemingly worried.

I shook my head, unable to provide an answer. "I don't know, Ines. He should be here celebrating with us."

Vinicius cut us off by picking up Ines and bringing her off the sidelines and onto the pitch, hugging eachother tightly and placing a kiss on her forehead.

As the celebrations continued around me, the absence of Jude felt really strange. I couldn't shake the nagging anxiety within. Where could he possibly be at a time like this? I longed to see him, to share in the elation of this victory together. I could only wait and hope for his return, praying that he was safe and well amidst the tumult of the final match.

★── 𝐉𝐮𝐝𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐡𝐚𝐦──★

While the team reveled in our victory, my mind was consumed with thoughts of the proposal I had meticulously planned. It was a secret shared among us, a plan carefully orchestrated with the help of my teammates and Ines.

As I fumbled with my phone, my fingers tapped over the screen, composing a message to Ines.

the

JUDE:
Ines i'm so nervous it's almost time

I can't believe I'm about to do this

Need some words of encouragement right now

Ines has helped me come up with every little detail and if everything went according to plan and we won, which we did, it would be a perfect and unforgettable moment for us both.

Minutes stretched out as I awaited Ines's response. Each passing second felt like a lifetime, the weight of the ring burning a hole in my pocket as I awaited her words of reassurance.

Finally, a familiar chime broke through, signaling Ines's response. Her text encouraging, a source of strength over the emotions swirling within me.

INES:
You've got this, Jude!

She's going to say yes, I just know it

You've planned everything perfectly, and she loves you more than anything, you should see the way she talks about you

Ines's words calmed me, dispelling the lingering doubts and fears that had plagued my mind. I steeled myself, ready to take the leap into a future with the girl of my dreams.

I once said that without football my life would be nothing, but now, it really would be nothing without Hannah.

★── 𝐇𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚𝐡 𝐀𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐢 ──★

Finally, I caught sight of  Jude, heading to the middle of the empty pitch, the rest of the team on the benches. As I approached, ready to demand an explanation for his absence. "Jude where the hell have you bee-"

"Hannah." he began, his voice barely audible above the roar of the crowd. "I've been waiting for this moment for what feels like forever."

I opened my mouth to speak, but Jude's words sinked in before I could protest further.

"You are the love of my life," He continued, his eyes never leaving mine. "From the moment we started getting along, I knew you were someone special. You've been my rock, my confidante, my everything."

Jude's words washed over me, each one expressing more and more depth of his love. "At the end of the day you're the person I want to come home to. You're the person I want to tell how my day went. You're the person I want to share my joy, sadness, frustration and most of all success with."

"And now, I want to spend the rest of my life making you happy." Jude said, his voice trembling, I could see the line of water glistening in his eyes under the moonlight. "Hannah, will you marry me?"

Time seemed to stand still as Jude dropped to one knee, a small velvet box appearing in his shaky hands. The world around us faded away, leaving only the two of us in our own private moment of bliss.

I could barely find my voice between the overwhelming rush of emotion, tears streaming down my cheeks as I nodded, my hands covering my mouth in surprise as I cried, so did he, everything inside me bursting with love.

With trembling hands, Jude slid the ring onto my finger, a gorgeous silver ring with a breathtaking diamond. As the stadium erupted in applause, I threw my arms around him, holding him close, never wanting to let go.

And then, the first burst of fireworks shot through the sky in a dazzling display of light and color. It was absolutely beautiful, the best marriage proposal I could have ever asked for, a dream come true.

In the end, falling in love with someone you had no intention of falling for, is the most beautiful kind of love. No forcing chemistry, or trying to save them. Just pure raw connection created on its own. A lot could have happened over the course of three years, but I never would have expected this. What a plot twist he was.

⋆ ˚。⋆୨ ʚɞ ୧⋆ ˚。⋆

A/N - Thank you so much to everyone for reading my story and for commenting and voting if you did I hope you enjoyed and leave me future story requests, take care loves 🫶🏻 PS: Happy 122 year anniversary to Real Madrid, forever my team!!

PS: Happy 122 year anniversary to Real Madrid, forever my team!!

🎉 You've finished reading 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗶𝘁𝗰𝗵 𝙟𝙪𝙙𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙝𝙖𝙢 🎉