𝟑

ᯐ☆ᯐ☆ᯐ☆ᯐ☆ᯐ☆ᯐ☆ᯐ☆ᯐ☆ᯐ☆ᯐ☆ᯐ

"What's happing with him grandpa. Is he sick?"

"No thats impossible...it's something different. Shadow is growing."

"He's getting more chaotic than I thought"

"Is he going to be okay professor?"

"I'm sure he is... he just needs to run a bit more test."

There, Y/n started, along with Gerald at Shadow, that was unconscious in his incubator with plugs and tubes on him.
Y/n looked at her brother so worried.
She placed her hand on the glass and leaned closer.
"Don't worry Shadow...you'll be alright. I promise." She leaned her head on the glass as if it was an embrace. A sudden spark was lit inside of her that made eyes, which also glowed red. She gasped slightly, removing her head off the glass.
Professor Gerald didn't seem to notice and she didn't bother to tell him.

That night, Y/n cried in her sleep. The comfortable' bed and the soft warm blankets didn't come for her. she still felt cold all over. She shivered and color herself as she spilled tears out of her eyes. Her cries caught the attention of Maria, who peaked in her room, watching the poor hedgehog, soaking the sheets with her tears.
Maria stepped into the room and approached Y/n. She sad on the edge of the bed and place a hand on Y/n.
"Y/n?"
Hearing that soft voice made Y/n open her eyes and turn to Maria. Maria sees her soaked face, and puffy red eyes as the hedgehog sobbed.

"Maria..." sobbed Y/n.
"...I'm worried about him" Maria's frown deepen.
" I know you are, I am too."
Y/n sat up as she continue to sob. Maria pulled her into a hug, as she rubbed the back of her head with her hand softly.
Y/n proceeds to cry on Maria's shoulder. Maria didn't care if the salty tears were staining her shirt, she continued to comfort the poor, crying hedgehog.
Y/n lap as they both hugged, and Maria rocked her. They were like that for an hour till eventually Y/n felt a little better, but begged Maria to lay right next to her, which the nice blonde girl agreed too.

The day of Shadow's testing has gotten Y/n anxious. She, Maria, and professor Gerald were behind the glass where Shadow would perform his test. Professor Gerald begin to speak in a microphone.
"After the recent events with the specimen Shadow the Hedgehog at Space Colony ARK"
He went on.
"I've decided to run test of development of the creature I've decided to run test of development of the creature. This is a high security room so anything that happens inside should not risk the integrity of the Space Colony."
He paused then spoke again.
"Shadow, please, point your hand to one of the targets and try to shoot it from where you are."

Shadow begin to face the targets that were starting to be lowered down. He took a deep breath, then raised his hand up. he tried to release the power out of him to try to hit the target, but nothing happened. He looked back at them and shrugged.
Y/n frowned. "Stay focused, Shadow" Professor Gerald spoke. Maria then spoke next.
"Shadow, imagine that your energy is moving through your hand, I know you can!"
Then Y/n spoke after Maria.
"Just like the time we pretended to have telekinesis!"

After the words of encouragement that was given to Shadow, he began to warm himself up by wiggling his feet then looked up back at the targets. He raises his hand up again. this time, trying to focus following the words from Professor Gerald. He used all the pressure and muscle of his body to try to squeeze the power.
Then a miracle happen he managed to hold the power.

Y/n started to feel something strange inside of her, it's the same sparked feeling. She groans as she squint her eyes, which are glowing a ruby red.
Professor Gerald and Maria notice. Maria was the one who came to her to see what was wrong.
"Y/n?"
Shadow then blasted the power energy, hitting the target. They jumped being startled. Maria was hugging her grandpa but the released him when the power energy came to an end.
The spark that Y/n felt faded away and the glowing eyes died.
"I was not expecting that!" Said Professor Gerald.
"But I was expecting not to expect something so it doesn't count" he then caresses his mustache.

The professor turn to Y/n who was still shocked about what just happened. Not just Shadow but her.
"Fascinating..." he said.
"...it seems it effects you when when Shadow activates the chaos energy."
Y/n looks up at him.
Professor Gerald placed at hand on his chin and thought about it for a moment. He then said.
"Go in there with Shadow."
Y/n listened and walked out and open the door to the room Shadow was in.

"Alright!" The professor spoke in the microphone.
"Now Y/n, try to do exactly what your brother did."
Y/n looked at one the available targets left then raised her hand, doing exactly what Shadow did.
Shadow anxiously watched her as he took a couple steps back. Y/n hesitated but then activated the chaos energy.

Shadow groan, feeling the spark inside him. It felt like someone lit up a match and his stomach.
His eyes glowed with the same color, ruby red.
"What's happening grandpa?" Maria asked.
"This is all new" Professor Gerald said. He was in shock at what he was seeing. It's very interesting for this to happen to the twins. The professor had another thought. It might be a bad idea but he proceeds to go with it. he leans into the microphone and presses the button to talk.
"Shadow, if you're able too, use your power as well."
Shadow struggled to raise his hand up but eventually joined in with the sister. Both chaos energy used together made a big explosion that made the two hedgehogs fly back and hit the ground. successfully they got the target but smoke fill the air.

Maria and the professor rise up from their hiding spot with their eyes widen. The hedgehog siblings were on the floor unconscious.