Chapter 1: A Mother's Call

"YOU HAVE A CALL FROM MOM"

The electric rodent woke up, had a nice stretch and yawned. Where was his trainer? Fast asleep.

Pikachu walked up to his trainer and nudged him in attempt to awake him, no luck. Again. No luck.

"YOU HAVE A CALL FROM MOM"

Finally Pikachu got annoyed enough to shock the boy awake.

"Pika-CHUU"

"ARGGGGHHH" The young boy awoke.

"Ow, what was that for?" He asked his partner. The electric mouse proceeded to point at the trainers backpack.

"YOU HAVE A CALL FROM MOM"

The boy rushed towards his green backpack rummaged through it for a bit until he found his rotom phone.

"Mama?" The boy asked as he picked up the phone call.

"Ash! Sorry to call this early in the morning, hope I didn't wake you up" a women said on the phone

"No it's okay mama" Ash responded.

"Anyways, I'm sorry for calling you while you're in the middle of a journey but I need you to come home to Pallet Town as quickly as possible, it's urgent" Delia resumed.

"Oh, okay but is everything alri-"

"Okay bye bye, love you, don't forget to change your underwear" The other line hung up. Leaving the boy to think. What was so urgent that she would call him to come back home immediately. She had never done this before, he started to get worried.

"Pikachu, come on let's go back to Pallet Town" the boy said towards Pikachu.

"Pika" the mouse said. By the tone in his voice it was clear he was just as confused as Ash.

------------------------------------------------------

*A few hours later*

Ash walked out the metro train to Viridian Station. It was packed full of people. Suddenly Ash was surrounded by people, kids, some news reporters and even adults. Awkwardly, Ash tried to break out of the crowd. Ash still hasn't gotten used to how popular he is now. Having won the world coronation series, he was possibly the most popular Pokemon trainer in the world. Finally breaking free from the crowd Ash, headed towards Pallet Town.

Making his way out of the city, he entered Route 1. As Pidgeys flew through the air and Rattatas ran across the patches of grass waves of nostalgia hit Ash and Pikachu

"Don't you remember this buddy?" Ash asked Pikachu. Pikachu turned to him, he turned back and smiled.

"Back when we started our journey" he continued.

"On the first day of our journey you were as stubborn as an Aggron, you wouldn't listen to a thing I said, and when I failed to catch a Pidgey you kept laughing at me" he said in a cheerful manner.

"A lot of time has passed since then, hasn't it buddy?" He inquired Pikachu

"Pika-Pikachu!" Pikachu said in agreement as he nuzzled Ash.

"Hehehe" Ash cheesily laughed.

The walk to Pallet was calming, like a walk down memory lane. Once he arrived he was at the top of a small hill from which he could see all of Pallet Town, his eyes scanned the region, he saw Gary's house, the Oaks lab and finally his house. As the calm wind blew through his hair he turned towards his partner.

"Let's go Pikachu" he said as he bolted home.

------------------------------------------------------

As Ash reached the front porch, he put his hand on the door knob and carefully opened the door as if cautious in case of a threat, he walked in carefully and shouted

"I'm home!"

No response. He walked further into the house, he stepped foot in the kitchen and noticed tha-

"SURPRISE!!"