The Moment ≫ Stormfur x Female! Reader

Art: Raphaelion

⚠️ Warnings ⚠️
• Angst
• Death

(A/N) : This is a rewritten version of my original Stormfur x Reader I wrote some time ago. I just feel like it has the potential to have more depth than I initially gave it.

****

Ice in your veins. Cold, unrelenting ice. No longer did you feel your blood surge with fury; you were far to petrified. Featherpaw and Stormpaw crouched on either side of you, their tails bushy and twitching and their eyes glistening with fright in the light of dusk. They were scared, sure; but no cat was as scared as you. RiverClan's deputy and one of the greatest warriors the forest had ever seen was standing in the middle of the clearing, dark crimson staining his usually-stunning blue-gray pelt. Darkstripe had been an easy opponent for the sleek-furred muscular tom, but Blackfoot was turning out to be much more of a challenge.

"Pathetic," The ShadowClan warrior sneered, curling his lip back in a twisted smirk. "Your other enemies must be real softies if they can't finish you off. What happened to The Great and Powerful Stonefur?" Stonefur raised his broad head, grimacing all the while. Your eyes widened, and you glanced up at the cat who was supposed to be your leader with desperation, but she was watching the fight numbly from her place beside Tigerstar on the Bonepile.

Coward! You snarled internally. Suddenly, the bleeding RiverClan deputy leaped forward, his claws outstretched towards Blackfoot. Your heart soared, but your relief was swamped by terror as the ShadowClan tom met him halfway into the air, sinking his teeth deep into the blue-gray warrior's throat.

As his body fell to the ground with a dull thump, a single, agonized word tore from your throat like a horrible roar of thunder. "DAD!"

Your eyes flew wide-open, a scream tearing out of you just as it had three moons ago. You thrashed in your nest for a moment until reality hit your senses and pulled you out of your horrendous dream.

Another nightmare, You thought bitterly, staring past your splayed front limbs at the ground in front of you as you struggled to catch your breath. What else is new?

Trembling like a dying leaf in a breeze, you rose to your paws and shook clumps of moss and several feathers from your ragged pelt. You hadn't bothered to properly groom yourself in some time, and although you were aware that your so-called "clanmates" had noticed, you couldn't give less of a rat's tail.

"(Y/N)? You okay?"

You slowly pulled your bleary gaze towards the gap in the reed-woven den, meeting a pair of bright amber eyes. Said eyes belonged to Stormfur, one of your fellow warriors and the cat who stole your father's good name.

"Of course I'm okay," You uttered bitterly, shaking a wad of your bedding from between your claws and refusing to meet Stormfur's concerned gaze. "Why wouldn't I be?"

The son of Graystripe and Silverstream winced slightly, but offered you a kind—albeit uncertain smile—nonetheless. "Just checking," He replied evenly, obviously trying to avoid noticing much of your tattered state. "Would you like to join a hunting patrol with Feathertail and I? It could be fuuunn~!" He sang out the word fun as if it was some sort of glorious prayer, and it made your claws itch to sink into his pelt. Of course he was happy; he got to be named in honor of the greatest warrior the Clan ever knew.