17 - My Heart Belongs To You (✓)

Ga-Ming

I felt someone tugging on my shirt, waking me up from my slumber.

I refused to wake up so I rolled to the other side of the bed and covered myself with the blanket.

It's been days since I've been feeling gloomy and I just can't seem to shake it off. The gloominess I felt also affected my work since it's also been days since I last went to work. All the parcels were just piled up in the corner of the small room I was renting. Add a little more and the parcels will just literally flood out through the windows.

Even so, I couldn't find the strength to go out. I don't want people to see me nor do I want to see them. I just want to be cooped up here in bed.

I felt another tug. This time, I groaned.

"Stop it, Man Chai. I know it's you." I shooed him away. I heard him groan in annoyance before tugging my shirt again.

"Stop it." I warned, trying to swat him away. A few moments later, I felt him tug roughly on my hair making me wince in pain.

"Man Chai!" I turned around and glared at him. He was already glaring at me.

What are you doing? You have work. He signed. I rolled my eyes at him and went back to my previous position. He tugged on my hair again.

"Ow!" I whined looking back at him. This time, he surely looked pissed. "What do you want, Man Chai?" I groaned in annoyance, running my palms down my face.

Are you not going to work? He signed again.

I sighed. "No." I muttered, sitting up. "I'm not going to work." I started to look around and everything was surely a mess. Normally, I couldn't stand the view of a messy room but this time, I didn't feel like cleaning at all.

Ever since that night, I really felt so down. I have so many regrets. I should have told her. I should have risked getting hurt. I should have stopped myself from overthinking things and get over my fear, and straight away tell her.

I should have.

Now, I don't even think I can still have the chance to tell her.

"Leave me be, Man Chai." I sighed, laying back down on the bed again, curling myself into a ball. I heard the Suanni sigh before he tugged on my shirt again.

"Stop it Man Chai." I groaned.

He then poofed right in front of me.

Snap out of it! He signed. He looked angry, surely. These parcels are not going to deliver themselves now, would they?

I rolled my eyes at him and shifted my weight so I could face the other side of the bed only for him to poof on that side as well.

Ga-Ming. You need to go to work. He signed, frowning at me and I couldn't help but frown too.

I know you are sad about what happened between you and Synthia but you have to carry on. He gestured before floating towards me and nestling himself on my neck. I can feel his soft fur and warmth on my skin as he snuggles on my neck. I started to pet him and he let out a satisfied purr.

All I could do now was sigh. The only reason I don't want to go out is because, I don't want Synthia to see me like this. I don't know what I'd say when I see her. I left her alone that night.

She'll be so furious.

The silence in the room was then abruptly disrupted when a knock on my door was heard. Man Chai perked up and turned his head to the door.