CHAPTER 48

May's POV (Elena)

I'd been released from the hospital three days prior. Yummie never reappeared. Nagkasalubong kami kanina but it was as if I was just a thin air to her. Not like I care, well, this is for the better. At the very least, she wouldn't be bothering me ever again. I have no time to worry about her since theat Rodriguez is still enjoying his game. That stupid perverted gambler.

A colleague tapped my shoulder and whispered, "Ako lang ba o kanina pa pasulyap sulyap sa'yo si sir Luke?"

I stared at Luke, but he averted his sight. What's the deal with him? He has these strange expressions in his eyes.

"It's just you. Now stop messing around, the break is over. Go back to your desk," I shoo her away.

I still feel Luke's gaze at me. I let out an exasperated sigh before deciding to stand up and walked towards him.

"If you want to chat, let's go to your office," I said flatly, crossing my arms.

We went to his office together, but he was deafeningly silent and just stared at me blankly. I let out a heavy sigh. I suppose I'll have to start the talk to get this over with.

"Thank you for last time, I appreciate your help but I'm alright now. You don't have to worry si—" My eyes widened when he suddenly embraced me tightly cutting me off. Flabbergasted, due to his firm hold, I stuttered. "S-Sir Luke, what's wrong?"

"I knew something was weird, it was strange but I understand now," he whispered. I had butterflies in my stomach, but this is inappropriate. I'm not sure what he mean either. I attempted to push him away, but every time I tried, his hug tightened more and more. He muttered, "Even if your face, your voice, or everything in you changes. It has always been you."

"Calm down, Luke. I do—"

I was taken aback as he drew me into a kiss. His kisses were harsh and forceful this time, unlike before. I tried pushing him away, no. This isn't Luke. He isn't acting like himself. I know there's something going on. I tasted the bitter taste of blood in my mouth. I shoved him away with a kick to the knee.

"M-May," Yummie worriedly stuttered and beside her was Elena Perez.

"I had no idea you'd go so low merely to make Elena jealous, who I honestly believe won't be envious of what you're attempting to accomplish," I bitterly uttered.

So that was the reason, I can't believe Chase was right all along. I wiped the blood from my lips. I grabbed Yummie's wrist and dragged her to the door.

Luke restrained me by holding my wrist. "Wait, please don't go."

I gave him a sharp glare but he didn't even budge. Is he looking down on me? He trampled on my feelings, he stepped all over my pride and he and exploited me for his personal gain. I never imagined him to be this type of person. He's far worse than Chase.

He stared at me with his watery eyes as if pleading me to go along his petty act, "I love yo—"

Only the gasp of Yummie was heard after I punched Luke. He doesn't deserve a slap, he deserves a punch. I don't want to hear any more of lies coming from his lips. He wasn't the kind of guy to use another person for his own satisfaction but I guess for once the memory of Elena I have is wrong. Elena doesn't know this kind of Luke. I'm not familiar with this Luke.

"This is, please let me explain," Luke pleaded.

"You've got what you wanted. She's back. Chase was right," I bitterly said. Anger was crawling its way to my soul, I can feel my heart running wild and my body hot. "You are pathetic."