HydroPower

The Vees sat in their meeting room impatiently.Vox sat at the center of the table. His fingers tapped with a melodic beat against the long marble table. Valentino sat grinning as he pasted glitter glue on one of his guns. Velvet's eyes stared down at her phone in boredom.

Marionette stood behind them. Her green hair was tied back in butterfly locs in an attempt to give off a youthful appearance. Her arms and shoulders stood stiff as she watched anticipation.

Then, he appeared. A small and disgruntled anglerfish demon bursting through the double doors pushing a large white board. His blue scleras gave off a faint glow as he looked over at the four demons watching him. His sharp glaze looked at Valentino with contempt and let out a small grunt.

"So what the fuck did you want to discuss with us this this time? Baxter." Vox said with a look of annoyance and disinterest.

As soon as Vox spoke, Baxter started to smile. It was like all the tiredness in his face instantly disappeared. "Sir, let me start by saying you looking amazing"

"Get to the fucking point so we don't have to look at you anymore." Valentino growled as he stroked his gun.

Baxter let out a tired murmur and began to write on the whiteboard a few equations. At the top of the board he wrote "The benefits of hydropower for V tower" .The way he spoke was rapid and sharp. The longer he went on, the more of a rambling mess his speech became. Marionette tilted and ticked as she listened to him. Her mind hung on every word the fish demon said.

Valentino's eyes squinted as he watched Baxter snarl and talk. His patients were growing thin. Baxter's voice was grating on him. He let out an over dramatic sigh and spoke harshly. "What the fuck are you talking about?"

Baxter's face started to lose its glow of excitement and returned an exhausted expression. "If you'd shut the fuck up I'll explain."

"What the fuck is going on with your teeth?" Velvet says coldly.

Baxter rolled his eyes and sighed "Focus on my presentation assholes! I've run a few tests and I think it would really increase production here."

"That's cute but I didn't ask" Vox stood up from his chair and started walking around Baxter in circles. It was a similar motion to a predator targeting its prey. Vox's hands sat folded behind his back as he leaned in closer. "Did you seriously come here to waste our time on this bullshit?"

"If you're gonna lecture to us. The least you can do is make it entertaining." Valentino chuckled.

"Our way is law." Velvet snapped. "Who the fuck do you think you are?" Nobody makes changes around here other than us. Nobody cares about your hydro crap. Did you finish working on our new line of aphrodisiacs yet?"

Baxter growls "It's a work in progress."

"Then, get back to work!" Vox sneered.

Marionette watched as the passion Baxter previously had faded away. She couldn't understand the logic of why the Vees would reject his proposal. His speech was well executed and all his equations were correct. The doll demon couldn't see anything wrong. She watched as Baxter frantically ran out of the room in frustration. The three Vees were cackling as the fish demon fled.

Marionette shyly spoke "Vox, permission to leave?"

"Whatever" Vox flicks his hand as a gesture for her to leave.

Marionette chases after Baxter. She felt a vibration in his chest as she tried to keep up with him. She was feeling something emotional but she couldn't describe what it was. All she knew was she needed to hear more from him.

Finally,she was able to grab Baxter by his shoulder. This caused Baxter to stumble backward.

"What the fuck is your problem?" Baxter exclaimed as he clutched the notes, papers, and folders in his hands.

"I require more information." Marionette arched her back at an angle to look down at Baxter.

"On what?"

"Your research. How to make the V tower better."

Baxter suddenly dropped everything he was holding in shock. "You're interested in hydropower?"

"Correct. It could increase production if implemented slowly"

"Are you being sarcastic?"

"Sarcastic?"

Baxter lets out a smirk "No. You aren't capable of sarcasm. I forgot. Do you comprehend my vision? I doubt the fusion between water and electricity is something your undeveloped mind could understand."

"I understand. It involves building a new section of the tower. For example, a level that is an aquatic ecosystem. Something large and self sustainable could work. Can I recommend ways to make an area like this feel more luxurious to appeal to the Vees sensibilities? I am their idol. I know what they love."

Baxter's grin grew larger when he heard her response but then she sighs out of frustration. "You don't know everything about the Vees taste, Doll."

"Error?" Marionette tilted her head in confusion.

"You're more intelligent than I assumed. Join me in my lab. I'll give you a better explanation of what I was trying to tell the Vees."

The old doll demon's body happily ticked and hummed as she followed Baxter. It sounded similar to what  would come out of a music box.