Chapter 3

It's seven thirty in the morning, and I'm waiting for my order at the blue coffee shop. They make the best chocolate muffin, and since Klopp loves their coffee, I'm getting one for him as well.

My main job at the training center is to assist Klopp with anything related to paperwork. Basically, I'm one of his secretaries. But I do like to extend my abilities to new things. So, when I'm not too consumed with tons of papers, I love to help the Media and Content Creation Department; it's anything related to visual content posted online on our platforms.

During my debut at the club, John, a walking ray of sunshine, taught me all the secrets of his art. He's a great mentor, and now I have a new ability that not many people know about. I'm keeping this one a secret for now. 

On my way to the building, I greeted Paul and Lucia. I climbed the stairs to my office, a flashback of a particular celery invading my mind. I haven't worn any of my favorite clothes for a while. I wonder who this jerk was. If I ever see his face again, I will make sure he chokes for real this time. 

After leaving my stuff in my office, I took the coffee to Klopp.
He was on a call with his sweet wife. I didn't want to interrupt him, so I backed away, but he told me to wait. 

He ended his call shortly afterwards. I handed him the hot coffee. He took a sip and exhaled. 

“This is truly the best coffee. Thank you, Sofia.”. 

“You're welcome,boss”. 

“So, have you seen him already?”

“Who?”

“The new player.”. 

“I don't think so; I don't even know his name.”. 

“It's Szoboszlai”.

“Sobo, what? How do you even pronounce this name?”

“You know, boss, you have a divine intuition for recruiting the best players for the team, but I must admit their names are always crazy.”. 

“Damn, I think you are right; I never noticed.”. 

“Nevermind. Look, Szoboszlai is a really good player; he's from Hungary. I really like his footwork, and the kid has great control.”

“We are having lunch with the players at one p.m. I will be making the introduction and will need you to assist him for some time. I want him to feel comfortable in his new club.”

“Okay,understood. I will be in my office now; if you need anything, just let me know.”. 

“Yeah, thank you, Sofia.”. 

It's time to sort out these papers and plan my schedule for the week. I've forgotten about this boring aspect of my job, but you gotta do it for the moneybags.

After hours of dealing with tons of papers, it was almost time for lunch. It's currently 12:30 pm, and I have some time to spare before meeting everyone at the dining area.

Anyway, I'm heading there ahead of time simply because I want to convince the chef to make me a fat, greasy burger.

As expected, the dining area was empty. I talked to the chef for a while but failed to have my burger.

I was waiting patiently for the players when the chef asked me to help him with something. I saw a huge jug full of smoothies in his hands. 

My enemy. The chef must think I have beef with smoothies from the way I reacted. Anyway, he asked me to put one jug on each table, and who am I to say no? 

I was carefully carrying each jug to its destination without spilling. I was impressed.
Almost done; only one more jug to go. I was a pro now, so I took bigger steps towards the table near the entrance. 

“Sophie!! Watch out!” the chef screamed. 

Not once, but two times. Two fucking times in two fucking days. I was drenched completely, from head to toe. 

“Oh god, not again. Do you love smoothies this much?”

From the very moment I heard this accent, I lost it; there was no going back. 

“What is your fucking problem?”

“Are your eyes up in your asshole?”

“Wait, actually, it was YOUR fault, not mine! If you were not daydreaming about who knows what, this situation could have been avoided, mate.” 

“I'm not your fucking mate; let's start here, and YOU are the one who slammed into me. This is not a playground, and you are not even allowed in this area.”. 

“I'm calling security right away.”. 

“What do you mean?" I'm not allowed in here. You are, in fact, not authorized to be here. Fans don't have access to the dining area.”. 

“You fucking moron, I'm not a fan; I work here.”. 

"Firstly, madam, it is not really ladylike to curse like this.”.

He wants to die at this point. 

“And secondly, a fan would say the same thing.”. 

“I'm going to fucking kill you.”. 

I tried to kick him, but the chef grabbed me.”. 

“Sophie, please calm down.”. 

“Yes, please calm down. On the bright side, you are not wearing your favorite shirt, right?”. 

“LET GO OF ME, I WILL KILL THIS MAN”, I growled.