1. Mr. Football

Arjun's POV:-

"He's looking at me?" I asked Veer curiously.

"No, he's not just looking at you, he's coming here" Veer said with a blank stare and a confused smile.

"Here, as in?" I asked.

"Can't you look back and see him by yourself?" Shiv asked rolling his sleepy eyes.

"He's coming towards you" Veer said looking backwards.

"Keep walking! Keep walking" I whispered to myself. My steps began to fluctuate. Ugh, I can't even walk straight.

I turned back and saw him looking at us while picking up the football from near a bush.

"I wish I could play football" I said to myself again.

"You can learn how to play it, with practice you'll slowly get good in it too" Aman suggested.

"Nah bro, I'm fine" I groaned.

As usual, I was wandering in the campus with my friends- Aman, Shiv, Veer and Cynthia. Not to ignore Priyanshu who is always snowed under lots of homeworks, left assignments and tuitions. Cynthia was busy watching reels and my other friends were talking amongst each other. Meanwhile, I was looking at him, Mr. Football. That's what I nicknamed him, he's always playing football.

After completing a full round of roaming in the campus, we came back near the small ground where he was playing football with his friends and other people of his age. We continued walking ahead and I tried to resist looking at him.

(Nothing can stop me from admiring him. I don't care if anyone calls me a stalker, I know I'm a lover. Moreover, all I do is just look at him while he plays his favourite sport. One thing I've noticed in the past few days that he's the only one among all those people who is actually playing the game by heart, and is putting consistent efforts to improve his skills everyday. Meanwhile, others just come here either to pass their time or just to stay physically active)

"You should approach him. Atleast make him your friend" Aman said looking at me weirdly, interrupting my thoughts.

"He'll never be able to approach him!" Veer laughed.

"See, atleast try to prove them wrong" whispered Aman.

"I'll try to talk to him today, but what would I talk about" I groaned.

"Tell him that he plays good and then tell him that you wanna learn football-".

"The fuck! No" I interrupted Aman, "Hell naw- I can't say that, I have zero interest in football".

"Atleast try once"

"No, no-" I turned back in disappointment and bumped into someone. Someone??

A wave of shivers travelled down my spine as I saw Mr. Football right in front of me. My face must have become blank and red. The wind, it's actually getting colder.

"Sorry" he said with a rough and breathy voice, "I was picking up the ball".

I turned back to see my friends looking at me in shock and could notice Aman's excitedness.

"Talk to him!" Aman whispered.

I turned back again and said, "it's ok! Sorry from my side too, I didn't saw you".

He smiled and started going back to the football ground again. I was still looking at him in utter shock.

He stopped again and came back towards me saying, "Football ain't that hard. You must try playing with us once" with a bright smile on his face.