Ravens Follow The Wolves

Emily stormed out of the courtroom, her heart burning in her chest like a wildfire. How could she have been so fucking blind to what her girlfriend was doing behind her back.

"Emily, please listen to me, I did this to protect you!" Lute pleaded as she followed close behind her, trying to explain why she did it. But Emily didn't care right now. She wanted to be alone so she could think, and away from the monster her girlfriend became. But when she heard the reason she did it, her anger spiked to an unreasonable degree, and she whipped around to face Lute, her voice distorted slightly as she spoke, "You killed souls, Lute. Souls who could have been redeemed!" The exorcist flinched slightly at the tone the seraphim used. "You say it's to protect me, and if I were dumb enough, I would believe you." Emily hated saying that, but it was the truth.

Lute looked Emily in the eye as she replied. Her once sharp golden eyes softened. "When I say I did this to protect you, Emmy, I mean it." The exorcist placed a hand on the seraphim's shoulder, only for it to be shrugged off. Causing a cold spear of guilt to stab her heart as she spoke, "Emily, please..."

Emily sighed before she started to walk away, saying, "I need to be left alone for a while." And flew away, leaving Lute behind, not seeing the small tears beading on the exorcist's eyelashes.