63| Take her.

Vincenzo Romano

He takes off his jacket and throws it on my desk, I can tell that he is angry and he doesn't even try to hide it. He sits in front of me, menspreads his legs and places his elbows on my desk, leaning towards me.

"I don't know if you are just stupid or did you do it because of some fucked up reason, but why in the bloody hell did you hide the truth from me?" Federico yells and slams his fist on the desk, hard.

I understands that he has every right to be mad, I didn't tell him that Lissy was kidnapped, just because I know that he would blame me for it. And there is this thing our parents hid from us. There is an official document that allows Federico to take Lissy with him, he can easily be her legal guardian.

"Calm down so we can talk about it like grown adults we are." I offer, he laughs. It is not a genuine laugh, but one that is full of hatred.

"Adults you say? My goddaughter was kidnapped for five days and you didn't even call me!" He shouts. I understand him, I fucking understand, but there is nothing I can do now to change that.

"I'm sorry, uncle." Is the only thing I can say right now. He clenches his jaw and glares at me.

"I'm not going to leave her with you. She's going to live with me from now on." I knit my eyebrows together, what the actual heck?

"She is my sister. I am her legal guardian and she's not going anywhere without my permission." I stand up, he does the same.

"Don't play dumb, Vincenzo. I knew about everything from the start, but I thought that maybe she will be better if she had the chance to live with her brothers. I was wrong and I'm not going to allow this any longer." He grabs his jacket and heads towards the door.

"No one is going to take my sister." I say, my voice full of anger.

"Yeah? I guess that she wasn't kidnapped for five days then. Someone already took her, you did nothing." He pushes me. "Five days, Vincenzo. Five days and you couldn't find her. And you still have the nerve to tell me that I can't take my goddaughter with me, to live in a safe place happily? She ran away from your home." He tells me and I have the urge to kill someone.

"Lissy is staying with me. In her home, with her brothers. If you even dare to stand in my way, I will crush you with my bare hands." I don't want to think about the situation where Lissy is away from us.

"We will see about that." Is the only thing he says before he walks away.

I sigh loudly while taking my phone out of my pocket. Someone knocks on my door.

"Boss?" I open the door, holding a gun in my hand. He raises his eyebrows in panic.

"Don't interrupt me!" I yell and slam the door in his face. Fucking idiot.

When I finally find my phone, I use it to call Dante. My brother will stop Federico from taking Lissy.

"Yes?" He asks, my blood is boiling.

"Federico knows about the kidnapping. He said that he is going to take our sister. Stay with her and don't leave her side. I'm on my way." I lock my office and head straight to my car.

"Okay." Dante says and ends the phone call. I know that I can trust him, he is so similar to me.

I drive as fast as I can. I don't care about the traffic lights or laws.

When I park my car in front of the clinic I see that Federico's car is already here. Fuck.

I storm through the clinic and stop only when I see my sister, laying in the bed. Tucked under the blankets. She is shaking even though it's warm in here. It is because of the nerves, Marco explained it the other day.

Federico is next to her, his eyes full of emotion as he watches my baby sister. I walk into the room and he looks at me like I am his worst enemy.

Dante stands near the door, with crossed arms. He leans closer to me, "He wanted to take her, but then he saw her state. She is just laying there, hasn't made any progress yet." Dante whispers into my ear. I nod my head.

"I will be right back, Betty." Federico says, then stands up and grabs my forearm, He pulls me into the hallway and closes the door behind us.

"Where are they?" He asks. "Where the fuck they are?" He punches me across the face. I don't stop him, I know that I deserve his wrath.

"Dead. They are dead. We killed them." I say and Federico paces around. Shaking his head.

"What did they do to her? What did they do to my baby?" Tears escape his eyes. He wipes them away.

"She didn't tell us. She doesn't speak about it or about anything else." I explain. My heart crumbles again.

"I can't take her now, unless I drag her to my car and I would never do that to my goddaughter. But I can't promise that I'm not going to take her when she's better." Federico stands in front of me.

"You can't do that. You can spend as much time with her as you want. But you can't take my sorellina away." I stand my ground.

"I can't promise anything, Vincenzo." He grabs my shoulder and squeezes.

"You know that I don't have anything to lose, right?" I ask, he nods his head.

"I don't have anything to lose either." He inhales and walks back into Lissy's room, like nothing happened.

I will never let him take my sister.

But maybe that is what's best for her.

_________________
Vote and Comment

Author's note...

Hello, readers!
What do you think about Federico?
Is he right?
Do you want Lissy to live with her brothers or godfather?

Sending hugs,

XeniaAxi